Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the topic says, is DSC and TCS worth the extra 400-500 on the Touring hatchback over the Sport? I live in the bay area which is getting hit by intermittent storms here and there, but other than that I rarely go up into snowy areas in my own car. And since my current car doesn't have dsc/tcs anyway, I figure it's probably not that essential to have hm?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
DSC is a life saving feature that will be a requirement on all cars within the next decade.

I would go for the the Touring over the Sport. As we start hearing more about the importance of DSC cars with this feature may also warrant a higher resale value.

·
Registered
535 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136512.msg2941744#msg2941744 date=1234842992]
DSC is a life saving feature that will be a requirement on all cars within the next decade.

I would go for the the Touring over the Sport. As we start hearing more about the importance of DSC cars with this feature may also warrant a higher resale value.
[/quote]

+1, daniel knows his shit.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
TCS is best on slippery surfaces.

DSC kicks in in emergency situations, correcting the car to keep in going in the intended direction.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bought my hatch new in '07 and got the S Touring model with side curtain airbags, DSC and TCS...... it's $ well spent.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my bad about the wrong posting area

thanks for the replies...will probably spend the extra on the touring after all

·
Registered
37 Posts
DSC and TCS are worth it for rainy or gravel roads as well...and with the government not fixing roads as much, pot hole driving may be a considered problem.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
have they even made abs mandatory yet? and thats been around a long time.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
I hate the TCS. Does its job in snow and ice but it is either on or off. I hate power shifting into second just for the TCS to kick in and loose all my acceleration. :csweeney:

It should be adjustable to the driver’s preference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the TCS/DSC is worth the money. I don't even notice it during normal daily driving. The only times it's kicked in for me was on ice (no brainer) and once or twice on gravel/sand when a wheel tried to spin.

If you drive like coondogg occasionally and want to spin your wheels, it can easily be turned off. If you drive like that on a regular basis and the TCS/DSC is constantly getting in your way, I just hope that you can control the car without the help of TCS/DSC.

[quote author=coondogg link=topic=136512.msg3000175#msg3000175 date=1237319723]
I hate the TCS. Does its job in snow and ice but it is either on or off. I hate power shifting into second just for the TCS to kick in and loose all my acceleration. :csweeney:

It should be adjustable to the driver’s preference.[/quote]

·
Registered
136 Posts
[quote author=T-time link=topic=136512.msg2999250#msg2999250 date=1237291557]
[/quote]

I don't believe so. I think they found air bags/seatbelts a better 'life saver' than ABS. The 'pump brake' carryover has been hard to reprogram. My wife's 2002 Focus doesn't have ABS.

To the OP: Depends on the driver. I went with a manual sport hatch in WI. I've been driving on snow and ice long enough that I don't feel the need for it. So I saved myself a bunch of money. Resale will be less, and there's one less computer to break.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
[quote author=T-time link=topic=136512.msg2999250#msg2999250 date=1237291557]
[/quote][quote author=wolverine_man link=topic=136512.msg3000141#msg3000141 date=1237318912]
Yes.
[/quote]
Since when??? POS Kia I was given as a rental on my last warranty trip to the dealer in January had no ABS and that thing almost killed me when I locked up on an icey road.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts