Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I normally spend my time over on Mazda3Forums, but as of this week I now qualify to hang out over here too! Been driving a Mazda 3 sedan since 2006 when I bought it new, but it's been the only car between my wife and me, and we decided it was finally time to get another car. Ended up getting a shiny new 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring a few days ago, and it's a great little car.

I commute 50 miles roundtrip for work daily, and while the 30mpg I get out of the 3 is great, the 2 should have even better mileage so I'll be driving it most of the time and my wife will get to take her 14-mile roundtrip commute (lucky her!) in the 3. I'm really impressed with the level of quality and features you get with the 2 for the price; yeah, I can tell where Mazda cut corners, but it's only in places where it doesn't matter. The suspension is great, the interior looks great, the car is quiet when driving and the whole thing feels very solid.

As for mods, I've already swapped out the antenna for a stubby from a CX-7, and plan on adding the rear bumper guard, mud flaps, tint (probably 50% so it'll be legal here in Minnesota), and yanking the 2 badge from the back and replacing it with a Demio badge. And as soon as the aftermarket catches up and starts making wiring harness adapters, I'll replace the speakers too.

Only one pic for now; it's been raining so the car's already dirty. I'll get better pics posted up later.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Hooray! finally someone else on this forum. Most of the Mazda2 owners like myself have gravitated to Mazdas247 which I'm not a HUGE fan of only because I had a 3 myself and loved the 3 forums. Any who, welcome to the 2 forums, awesome looking MZ2 btw :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm not a fan of 247 either, so maybe I'll just lurk over there when necessary. I've got a few things planned for the car as time goes on, and I'll definitely do some writeups that I'll post here. I need to replace the factory speakers, but sadly nobody makes wiring harness adapters for them yet. :(

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I've done a few mods myself actually. I got the AutoExe stubby antenna, 28% tint on the front, 15% on the back, an "eat sleep mazda" sticker on the rear window, zoom zoom sticker on the front, blacked out reflector overlays, k&n drop in filter and my old roommate installed my alpine deck and bluetooth adapter. I really gotta take new pictures one of these days, lol. Btw, did you get the manual or the automatic MZ2?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got the automatic, mostly due to the fact that in a year the 2 will become the wife's car.

I may do blacked out rear reflectors, but I'd much rather find clear ones. Haven't found any yet.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Very nice. I got the Automatic as well. I test drove both transmissions and felt that the manual had a ton of lag in 2nd and 3rd gear whereas the ATX...didn't, lol. I REALLY enjoyed the feel and ease of the manual and walked into the dealer 100% ready to buy it but my fiance told me to test drive both and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Welcome to the 2 side of things, DrWebster! I also was on the 3 side for a long time with my old 3 and then speed3, and now i'm here with my wife's 2.

We did the Demio badging already, and the stubby. Both were well worth it.

Axela, do you notice any difference at all with the K&N drop-in? corksports intake intrigues me, but we've got to stay absolutely shiny with warranty, so I think that'll be the direction i go.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=191663.msg4052745#msg4052745 date=1308503129]
Welcome to the 2 side of things, DrWebster! I also was on the 3 side for a long time with my old 3 and then speed3, and now i'm here with my wife's 2.

We did the Demio badging already, and the stubby. Both were well worth it.

Axela, do you notice any difference at all with the K&N drop-in? corksports intake intrigues me, but we've got to stay absolutely shiny with warranty, so I think that'll be the direction i go.
[/quote]

I got the K&N drop in because the Corksport SRI didn't have impressive gains at all. I feel like the drop in is great and have noticed a nice gain overall but maybe its just a placebo effect, lol. Either way, a drop in or SRI are going to gave minimal gains for this car so I chose the cheaper, easier route of the two options :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I've got a Demio badge on its way from Corksport (JDMGoodie.com tells me they'll start stocking Demio parts, including a Matsu strut tower bar, in a few months), along with a 12" x 12-foot roll of 3M clear shield. I'm trying to pick off mods a little bit at a time (mostly due to budgetary reasons :p ), but next month I'll be getting 40% tint installed (I have 35% on my 3 and I really miss it on the 2).

Also trying to come up with a decent deadpedal for the car; it's a bummer that Sok07 stopped making his, as I suspect one would work perfectly in the 2. I'll probably end up saving my pennies and getting one of the aluminum Mazdaspeed-badged pedal cover kits like XenonExpert sells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts