Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Apexcone kit about a year ago from XenonExpert and in the last month started experiencing the problem where driver side headlight won't turn on sometimes. Never a problem with passenger side and tried switching the bulbs, check all the connections, rewired and same problem. Twice in the morning both lights turned on, but after starting the car only the passenger side was on (I never actually do this, only to experiment). Today I drove home with only 1 light, got home, turned the lights off and let the car run for 30 seconds, turned the lights back on, passenger was fine, driver side flashed for an instant and turned back off. What do you guys think it could be. Ballast? Harness? Battery? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got a similar problem, just without the bulb actually going out. My driver side flickers almost every time I turn them on. There are times that it will, and times that it won't. If it doesn't flicker right away, I can be sure that it will when I get on the main road towards town. It's holey and bumpy as hell, and am wondering if its the bumps and so on that are causing it. Bpboiler3 lives in the same town as I, and has experienced somewhat the same flickering. We both have Apexcone HID'S.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=04Mazda3Sport link=topic=135134.msg2909290#msg2909290 date=1233685364]
I'm going to use my fog ballast to test that one. Should be easier for me to do that, than to unhook the passenger side.
[/quote]

Email us when you find the culprit!

Oliver

·
Registered
268 Posts
Will do. The only problem I have with Apexcone is that they make you pay shipping to them and from them for the warranty. Not trying to sound crappy, but that isn't, at least in my eyes, a very good lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=04Mazda3Sport link=topic=135134.msg2914692#msg2914692 date=1233859481]
Will do. The only problem I have with Apexcone is that they make you pay shipping to them and from them for the warranty. Not trying to sound crappy, but that isn't, at least in my eyes, a very good lifetime warranty.
[/quote]

Apexcone/DDM do in fact charge for shipping both ways. I don't like it any more than you guys.

Oliver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts