Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they are installed. The light itself is 4300k (at least that's what my package said). I ordered the 4500k kit, but the light is essentially the same. Many on these forums have 5000k + kits so I figure I'd just throw a pic up.
Everyone is very impressed with them. My father (owns a halogen based 2002 Acura MDX) loves the lights and was blown away even more than myself. I told him HID was the only way to go, now he finally listens. Hopefully I will have no issues in the future, but considering the great service from Oliver I have no worries. I'll post up some more pics later, here is just a quick one.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Looking good!! It looks the same as my Philips 4100K kit. And you are right about most people here having a HID kit of 5000K or more.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Looks good from the closeup headlight shot. You'll have to post some pics later of its illumination on the road, and some head on shots to see how sweet it looks from oncoming cars ;) Nice job!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Different cameras capture images differently.
From the pics, the beam seems to have a very slight blue hue to it.

I am currently using the Prolumen 5000K and can vouch that the beam is white (w/out ANY shades of blue).

Mummyman, is the output on the road white w/slight yellow, pure white, or white w/ slight blue/purple?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to take many pictures tonight so you guys can see the road and alot of other views. When it first turns on the bulbs are a mid-range blue, but turn to a bright white about 20 seconds later. There is definatly no yellow, but I understand what you are saying about the blue. My projectors look to light up slightly blue, but the light itself seems pure white and so does the output on the road. Like I said, I'll take alot tonight and post on this thread.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I installed the same kit last thursday...and i installed the same kit on our Mazda6 a few months ago...The Mazda6 looks KILLER, has a beautiful white light output. Very happy with it.

Although the Mazda3 looks horrble. Basically looks like brighter halogens. The cutoff is a nice bright white, but the road output is a pink/purple color. I'm hoping that hard wiring in the ballast power, as opposed to using the headlight plug will possibly solve the problem.

Anybody have suggestions as to why it's not even close to a nice white color?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh. I tried to take pictures tonight and they come out just horrible. I'm using a 4.3MP Sony camera, and while changing settings helps a little bit, not a whole lot in the end. Oh well, one thing I will say is once the lights are "warmed up" the lights are pure white, no blue hue to be found. While some want the lights to look like something unique, I wanted HID purely for lighting power on the road and they provide that easily. Every person I have come across loves them, and notices right away. It's crazy how yellow normal halogens are when you finally get HID. I would advise anyone looking at a set to seriously consider these.

·
Administrator
12,854 Posts
[quote author=AutoXer link=topic=65816.msg1129223#msg1129223 date=1167760156]
I installed the same kit last thursday...and i installed the same kit on our Mazda6 a few months ago...The Mazda6 looks KILLER, has a beautiful white light output. Very happy with it.

Although the Mazda3 looks horrble. Basically looks like brighter halogens. The cutoff is a nice bright white, but the road output is a pink/purple color. I'm hoping that hard wiring in the ballast power, as opposed to using the headlight plug will possibly solve the problem.

[/quote]

Hmmm your 3 HID's are outputting a pink/purple color. Might want to contact the seller. I've got a 50w kit hooked up to the headlight plug with no problems. I had my 35w kit the same way.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

[/quote]

Saw the pictures you sent me. Light appears white to me but you're running into a common problem. The projectors are slightly different from a car model to another and the reflective metallic paints use different chemicals and reflect light differently.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
[quote author=Operator link=topic=65816.msg1133926#msg1133926 date=1167970897]

[/quote]

Hmmm your 3 HID's are outputting a pink/purple color. Might want to contact the seller. I've got a 50w kit hooked up to the headlight plug with no problems. I had my 35w kit the same way.
[/quote]

Ya i tried wiring them up with a relay directly to the battery and no change...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
[quote author=M3-GT link=topic=65816.msg1134085#msg1134085 date=1167979567]

[/quote]

Saw the pictures you sent me. Light appears white to me but you're running into a common problem. The projectors are slightly different from a car model to another and the reflective metallic paints use different chemicals and reflect light differently.
[/quote]

Hard to show the true color with pics, but they are definetely not white, just the few inches of the cutoff is white. When they first come on they are white, but quickly fade to the pink/purple. I can take a video of it, cause it's very appearent they do infact change from white to pink/purple. I'm not happy with this, as others with Mazda3's with the same kit have a nice white color to them???

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=AutoXer link=topic=65816.msg1134397#msg1134397 date=1168014062]
[quote author=M3-GT link=topic=65816.msg1134085#msg1134085 date=1167979567]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hard to show the true color with pics, but they are definetely not white, just the few inches of the cutoff is white. When they first come on they are white, but quickly fade to the pink/purple. I can take a video of it, cause it's very appearent they do infact change from white to pink/purple. I'm not happy with this, as others with Mazda3's with the same kit have a nice white color to them???
[/quote]

This is being taken cared of off the forums and via emails.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i like that kit.... where are them made?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts