Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
It would be interesting if that's the case.

I've noticed on my car when I do a pull if I start the pull ~3000rpm I get KR higher than if I start the pull around 3500 + rpm. I'm not sure if this would tie in with your problem. Also I've never seen my FP anything lower than 16XXpsi while going WOT, I've seen my FP go as high as 1800 before... but it's typically between 1600-1700psi while at WOT.

· Registered
975 Posts
[quote author=smakdown61 link=topic=137644.msg2967734#msg2967734 date=1235871920]
Fuel pressure has to drop when you lift off the throttle.....if the injectors stop opening, where do you expect that 1600 psi of fuel to go? It gets purged so you don't blow your lines up. Looks like on that graph the pump can't handle the boost spike. If that could be tuned out you might be ok.
[/quote]

From observing my FP when driving normal I noticed that when I lift off the gas my FP stays up for a few seconds then begins to drop slowly. I havent observed this at WOT though, just normal cruising.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.