Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found where water was getting into my car, which in turn made it a sauna inside when the sun came out to evaporate it, fogging up the inside of the glass. Both the left & right rear doors on my '05 hatch leak in the top, forward most corner. The seals look good, albiet a little flat, but I don't have another '05 hatch to compare it too. I am 90% sure this is where it is leaking. It makes both passenger floor boards very wet when it rains hard. I have the moon roof, which doesn't seem to leak at all. I heard if it leaks it's designed to channel water outside the car, where are those channels run?

I'm going to try to sit in the car while someone holds a hose over it to make sure. I guess its back to the dealer... Anybody else have leaks in this area?

oh, bought the car brand new in July'05, about to hit 45K mi. I'm about to run outta warrantee so I better get this worked out.

Thanks,
Ben
Fort Walton Beach, FL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow this thread is a couple years old. The leak, I believe, was coming from the top of the door. I'm not sure about that though. I never sat in the car while somone blasted it with a hose to find out.

I traded in that 3 back in October of '09 after I posted that. I traded it in on a 2009 RX8 R3, which I'm still driving today :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts