Mazda3 Forums banner

Anyone using Tein Stech Springs

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  iammike 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone on here has installed the tein S-tech springs. From the specs i've read it seems comparable to the prokit. I am planning on installing new 17" wheels with 215/45 17 tire and then the tein springs. and does tein make a camber kit as well? if not i could get the eibach

#2 ·
im running tein stech with SPC adjustable camber kit

#6 ·
no rubbing at all....... handling is much much better.... but it does get jumpy and harsh at times

#7 ·
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=136043.msg2931401#msg2931401 date=1234444916]
no rubbing at all....... handling is much much better.... but it does get jumpy and harsh at times
[/quote]
Expand on this. How does the car handle better? Less roll, stiffer suspension, etc.? I'm getting S-techs come spring time. :)

#8 ·
[quote author=Tripleskate link=topic=136043.msg2933538#msg2933538 date=1234498891]
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=136043.msg2931401#msg2931401 date=1234444916]
[/quote]
Expand on this. How does the car handle better? Less roll, stiffer suspension, etc.? I'm getting S-techs come spring time. :)
[/quote]
it handles much better.. less roll.... stiffer suspension.. but with s-techs be ready to buy new shocks/struts soon..... koni yellow would be a good investment... since the drop is 2" front... ur struts will go out sooner then later... ~10k miles or so...
and i mean it takes bumps pretty nice.. but bigger bumps.... grrr.. yea its hard..

#9 ·
i have s techs with 18" enkei evo 5's and absoulutly love it.. no rubbing at all.. the car handels so much tighter and more responsive..and the ride is allmost like stock.. the only thing you need to watch out for is speed bumps and ditches because the 2 inch drop in the front is reallll low

#10 ·
yea..

quick pics at work parking lot
stock 17" rims :)

#12 ·
yea im on stock shocks/struts... for a while.... then either koni yellow..... or coilovers.. lol i just did the springs for the heck of it :) got them cheap

#13 ·
I'm on S-Techs as well. Have been for about a year. Installing Koni Yellow's this Friday finally. Only rubbing I've had is turned left to full lock in reverse the tire can rub on the inner fender lining but it doesn't hurt anything. Edit: Oh, I am using SPC adjustable rear camber links too. Without those the rear camber was horrible!

For pictures go to http://mazda3.mikeiam.com/media

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.