Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has bought the Lamin-X for their MZ3 headlamps. I'm kind of interested in Tint or Gun Smoke for my Galaxy Grey sedan but I'm not sure how well it would fit/install or if it would get too hot with my factory HIDs. Any experience, thoughts?

·
Registered
885 Posts
don't know if this helps but my friend has yellow over his headlights on his wrx, it looks pretty good and he hasn't had any problems with it (or the cops) he doesn't have HID's tho

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've seen it on a bunch of cars, just not the Mazda3. Here's an example from an M5:

That is Lamin-X Gunsmoke. I definitely don't want my HIDs really dimmed because, well, I paid extra for those by getting the GT. The Tint color is also a lighter option and I think the Galaxy Grey is probably a tad lighter than the bimmer.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any problems with heat? Easy to remove if I want to down the road? What do you think about the tinted or gunsmoke ones? Would they kill my HIDs?

·
Registered
885 Posts
my buddy has taken his off and put them back on several times (delaware inspection) without any troubles, didnt tear his lenses up or anything

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I want to know too. I have the Grand Touring factory HIDs as well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why didn't I know that? :doh: Well, I would just hope that they fit really well then.

·
Registered
121 Posts
[quote author=Jonathaneyarrow link=topic=137800.msg2976536#msg2976536 date=1236215922]
I've got a set that I ordered for my 3 and my girl's CX-7 and just have not had a chance to install them yet. When it warms up a bit, I'll get to it.
[/quote]

Will like to know the result.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
What do you want to know? They fit, they work, no rock chips. I have been running them on my ms3 since 4 hours after I bought the car.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All good information to know. Thanks. How much light emission do you think would be cut down if I went smoked or tinted on the headlamps?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
[quote author=wolverine_man link=topic=137800.msg2977212#msg2977212 date=1236261080]
All good information to know. Thanks. How much light emission do you think would be cut down if I went smoked or tinted on the headlamps?
[/quote]

Dont do it. Period

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Lamin-X "Tint" = 5% light blocked. 95% allowed through.
Lamin-X "Gunsmoke" = 10% light blocked. 90% allowed through.

I wouldnt do it unless you have HIDs. And even then, I'd only do their "tint" darkness. I may or may not do this later this year.

BTW, all this information was found on the lamin-x website.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got OEM HIDs. I'm thinking about the tint.

·
Registered
885 Posts
my buddy has yellow over his headlights on his wrx, it looks hot, i didn't notice much difference in the brightness either

1 - 20 of 22 Posts