Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to remove the plastic piece in the trunk (hatch) on the rear passenger side.. That big black piece.. has anyone removed it?? i have a very small amp and I wanna see if it fits back inside there...

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
trying to figure out what piece you're talking about. a picture would really help with questions like this.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yes it's removable and yes it goes back in.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
i was trying to figure out how to remove the entire trunk pieces a while back but i had no luck. ill be keeping an eye on this if anyone knows or if you figure it out.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
I have taken apart just about every interrior piece of my car (excluding the carpet from seats and rear fold down section of the seats).

It can come out, and it can be a little difficult because of the seat belt.

You basically have to just pull it out. I think there are a few screws. I will take a look tomorrow and see where they are.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
I removed the seat cushion to run wire for my amps, sub and other wires. The seat cushion is held in my plastic clips. you just have to tug on it, but be careful. Like any plastic clips, they can break.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
seat cusion meaning the part you sit on i assume? im looking first on how to remove just the back (parts that fold down) do they come off separate or is it all one piece?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
thanks. not doing it permanently but if i shoot up to the track one day i want to gut the trunk and backseat and maybe passenger seat before i run it 8)

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
that thing is a pain to remove....I took it out once to try to find the clunking I was getting

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68914.msg1193330#msg1193330 date=1170891741]
thanks. not doing it permanently but if i shoot up to the track one day i want to gut the trunk and backseat and maybe passenger seat before i run it 8)
[/quote]

that isn't going to make a big difference in your et. general rule of thumb is every 100lbs = ~.1s

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=68914.msg1194857#msg1194857 date=1170957527]
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68914.msg1193330#msg1193330 date=1170891741]
[/quote]

that isn't going to make a big difference in your et. general rule of thumb is every 100lbs = ~.1s
[/quote]

oh damn.. well in that case maybe ill leave it in and maybe just take out the spare for auto-x. oh well.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Anyhow, go to the electric section and look for the Sirius install directions. Removal steps are in there. Basically start with the rear door trim and work your way back. Yes, it's a PIA - both in and out. Take it slow and don't force any of the black plastic - any excess pressure results in a gray stress mark. There's lots of room in there - take off the access panel first to take a look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts