Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look for some 19's hopefully for summer, wanted to knw how they look on the car ..might even go 20 but dont really want a 35 series tire on it...dont need any advice just looking to see if anyone has any pics of their car with aftermarket rims thank you.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I think anything bigger then 18 on this car would look out of place.....if I sell enough mattresses I am gonna do a set of 18" Work Emotion CR Kai wheels this summer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Color me an old fuddy-duddy, but I think that car looks much worse than the stock 3S with 17" wheels.

That's some avatar you've got there ATL. How big is that thing?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey toaster you got any more pics?? just want to see it from the side to see how 4x4 it looks without havin to lower it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Code:
Here's a pic from another forum. He put 19s on his 3
what's the other forum? if you put 19" on your car can you still use all-season tires? or do you have to use summer tires? I already think the ride on the 3 is a bit noisy and can get a little rough with 17"'s. can't imagine what it's like with 19"s.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Color me an old fuddy-duddy, but I think that car looks much worse than the stock 3S with 17" wheels

I totally agree! I don't like all these titanium, charcoal whatever colored rims. The stock 17's and the RX-8 18" rims look great on the Mazda3

·
Registered
226 Posts
ok ive studdied those pictures.. and i can tell you that those are not 19's they are 18's and the pic that says 19 on the tire has been altered with...

i am raising the BS FLAG!!!

THERE IS WAY TO MUCH WHEEL GAP..

i will be the first to accomplish the 19's and it will look great..just wait till you see

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
darkside3 said:
ok ive studdied those pictures.. and i can tell you that those are not 19's they are 18's and the pic that says 19 on the tire has been altered with...

i am raising the BS FLAG!!!

THERE IS WAY TO MUCH WHEEL GAP..

i will be the first to accomplish the 19's and it will look great..just wait till you see
Those look like 19s to me. I guess you didn't realize that the wheel gap is dependent on the suspension and not on the size of the wheel. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
226 Posts
those are not 19's.. notice the guy dosnt have any other pictures from the side... or the whole wheel and notice that the picture withe the tire it has salt or some weird white stuff going across the whole tire right were he would have photoshopped it?.. i know if i had 19's on my car i would have alot more pictures than that.. and im 22

·
Registered
226 Posts
i mean if they are 19's i would love to be wrong trust me cuase than that would mean i would have no problems fitting 19's on my car.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm willing to bet my left nut that it is not a photoshopped picture. You will have no difficulty in fitting 19" rims to the Mazda 3 as long as you don't try to go too wide and your offset is correct. If I remember correctly, those wheels have +45 offset and you can tell in the front that the tires are sticking out of the fenders just a little bit. I believe as long as you get wheels no wider than 7.5in with an offset of +48, you should be ok.

But I'll say again, the large wheelgap is a result of the suspension being too high and not the wheels you pick for your car because the diameter of the tire should be the same as or close to stock.

Finally, if you do a search for the Kenstyle Mazda 3, you will see it's got 19" rims also (or was it 20"?).... The reason you don't have the wheelgap on that car is because it is lowered.

·
Registered
70 Posts
brad3 said:
I'm picking up some 18 x 7.5 +42mm offset Volks for my sedan on Monday. I'll post pics soon, of course my car's not here yet either :cry:

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/se37a.htm

what do you think??? (silver)[/url]
I seriously hope you are not paying those prices for 18" Volks. There are other places that will deal with you on Volks for wheel packages and tires as well. Shop around!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw the f16s on a bagged yellow p5 in town they look good he only had 18's tho

how big are you going post pics ASAP blah i need money , however being 19 and owning this car is a good accomplishment on its how...but thats no excuse..i want 19's or 20's so bad i want ACE descora i think there called mind my spelling...wheelmax.com all the way hahah

that sport looks hurtin with those so called 19's i agree if i had 19s i would have pics commin out of my you know what with them...and if the gap is that large with 19s wow im gonn ahvae to hamemr on that suspension..wheelgap is the most **** thing around.

anyways i wanan see pics boys!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts