Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a 6-disc changer to replace the CD player. Does anyone know how to make the switch or have any instructions?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
There is none, at the moment.

You could buy a FM modular cd changer and add it to the factory system. Or if you have the balls, to make a custom dashplate for an aftermarket deck.

There is a thread about a guy in his RX8 that added a AUX in to the factory tape deck. But that wont work for your specific goal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's a tape/MD input for the stereo, so you should be able to run the changer through that input. Couldn't tell you how though.

Big help, I know.

I got lazy and ponied up for the in dash changer

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Uh guys, I think he's referring to the Mazda 6CD changer... I assume.

Correct, gt6?
I think not....

gt6 said:
I am going to buy a 6-disc changer to replace the CD player...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Uh guys, I think he's referring to the Mazda 6CD changer... I assume.

Correct, gt6?
Correct. I am ordering the unit and just wanted to know if I am going to be the guinea pig doing the install. I guess I am. I should have the unit some time next week and will let everyone know how it goes when I finish. I have seen the install instructions for both the P5 and the Mazda6. Based on the layout of the audio unit in the Mazda3, it should be very straight forward. I've already figured out how to get to the assembly out so now it's just a matter of getting the changer delivered and installed.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yep looks like you're the guinea pig on this one. I was going to offer to find you the MZ6's, but it seems that you've already seen those :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 6-disc changer was shipped yesterday from http://www.mazdastuff.com and I should have it some time during the upcoming week. I'll do the install next weekend and post results along with any instructions and pictures.

Richard at Mazdastuff was very helpful and courteous on the phone, great prices also. They have most of the Mazda3 accessories on their web site although they do not have photos of the items yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got my changer yesterday and did the install today. This was one of the easiest things I've ever done. Total time was just under 30 minutes. Tools needed are a flat blade and phillips head screw driver, that's it.

The unit comes with instructions so I didn't bother taking pictures to document things. I'll post the instructions on Monday for those who might be interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts