Mazda3 Forums banner

Anyone here from Winnipeg?

556K views 14K replies 91 participants last post by  204-mz3 
#1 ·
Just curious how man there are on this forum?

#15 ·
No, If you go to toronto's mazda 3 forum, theres a sticky there that'll show you how. What happens is theres a harness built with a relay that is tapped into the parking lights. The HIDs only come on when the parking lights are on.

#19 ·
[quote author=204-MZ3 link=topic=24692.msg358152#msg358152 date=1122790407]
I'm a Winterpegger!
[/quote]

Welcome to the Winnipeg post. Glad to see that you aren't one of the old ladies around town driving a Mazda3 :bigsmile:

#21 ·
[quote author=1/2man1/2amazin link=topic=24692.msg359926#msg359926 date=1123015086]
I just got back from Winnipeg. Spent the long weekend in Gimli, it was super fun and super hot. Didn't see very many 3's though!
[/quote]

They're out there, but they are mainly GS/GX sedans or sports

#22 ·
^^^^Dude, were your HID's hard to install? How much did they cost in CDN? I'm looking at getting some in the next couple of months or so.

#23 ·
The HIDs cost me a little less than $500 CDN which included shipping, duty and other parts for installation. I got mine from xenonexpert.com, check out the forums special I think that he is selling the Xtec for $315US.

The HIDs were pretty easy to install, I got them installed in about 4 hours with the help of my brother. It probably would have taken less time but I was very anal about hiding all the wiring, if you had any questions I could probably help you out. Also Pumbaaw has HIDs to so he's pretty helpful too.

Which part of the city do you live in 204-MZ3?

#24 ·
I live near the Health Science center, not sure if that's the west end or what.
I'll wait till my next paycheck to get the HID's.
Do your HID kit come complete with bulbs for normal driving lights AND high beams?
Is there a kit for the fog lights too?

#25 ·
The Xtec HID kit only comes with the H7 bulb to replace the low beam/DRL bulb. You'll probably need to run a relay to disable the DRL which means that you can keep the auto light switch but you won't have DRLs anymore. Cause if you don't use a relay you'll have the HIDs on all day and they'll flicker when the DRLs are on. My suggestion is to install the relay and if you still wanted to have DRLs you can make the fog light switch independent of the headlights so you can have them on at anytime.

I think that HID fog lights are available but I personally don't feel that they are necessary since the low beam HIDs will project very far anyways and it will light up the area that the stock fog lights reach. If you wanted it just for looks I would recommend that you get the HID matching H11 fog bulbs from hoen or Piaa instead.

#26 ·
Installing an HID kit looks to be trouble.
So what you're saying is that I won't have any Daytime running lights if I don't install a relay?

Hmmm I think i'll have to do a little more research before I purchase anything. I thought I saw someone here on the forum with HID high beams, HID low beams, and HID fogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.