Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like I said anyone here of these guys, they are just down the road from me and I was thinking of bringing my speed3 to see if they would be interested in developing parts for the car. The always have a few 600whp evos outside of their place.

here is a link to their forum
http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=125

and here is link to an article about them, I guess they built the fastest evo ever, they must know what they are doing
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0411tur_turbotrix_mitsubishi_evolution_lancer_viii/

·
Registered
639 Posts
As you've found out, TurboTrix is pretty big within the Evo community, and I think they've done work in the Subie world, too.

Personally, I'd love to see what they could do with the MS3, and I'd most def. be down to take my car to them if i were as close to them as you are!!! Shoot, I'm not even that far to begin with...if you don't bring it, I will :D

BTW, don't think they have the quickest Evo anymore, as I recall there being an 8 sec. Evo running the streets (yes, on the streets) from another firm. Regardless, TTrix makes moves! GO FOR IT! :goodjob:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do it! I'm sure they could develope some great parts. I ran across their show WRX on the parkway one time and DAMN that thing sounded mean and was very fast.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I wouldn't bring my car to them unless I had an evo. All they do is crank up the boost on cars...unless you have a DSM i wouldn't trust them. I've heard some horror stories about TurboTrix. They build some sickass cars but again I wouldn't give them my car. Wait for Cobb and call it a day. Just my .02

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=speed3wannabe link=topic=66448.msg1148087#msg1148087 date=1168725026]
I wouldn't bring my car to them unless I had an evo. All they do is crank up the boost on cars...unless you have a DSM i wouldn't trust them. I've heard some horror stories about TurboTrix. They build some sickass cars but again I wouldn't give them my car. Wait for Cobb and call it a day. Just my .02
[/quote]

Hmm...something worth looking into perhaps. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
No problem. Dread, where in New Brunswick you live? I live in Edison and graduated from Rutgers so I now Brunswick fairly well.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I go to rutgers, I live off of rt 18 at the gardens at raritan, a shitty apartment complex. Do you have a speed 3?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Na not yet...hence the name....im planning on getting one in the next couple weeks...i got enough cash but need to finish taking apart my current car. There is a Black Mica Sport at Maxon Mazda that is exactly what I want. Hopefully it's there in a couple weeks. I've been reading about the Speed3 on this forum for about 3 months and I am so pumped to get one. Once I saw this thread on turbotrix i decided to sign up cuz I wouldn't want someone to go there without hearing what I had heard about it. They do some awesome work butI think they are a little to reckless for me. But I digress, I'm so jealous of all the people that have a speed3. I have seen only one on the road. I love everything about the car. I think the fact that unless you know your shit you think it's just a regular Mazda3 is the best. Plus it looks like the after market support is gonna be pretty big. You like Rutgers? Figures as soon as I graduate the damn football team get good. My freshman year they were 1-10. But good luck with your Speed Dread. Hope mine is as awesome as I want it to be.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a black sport and love it, good luck with the purchase. The only speed 3 I have seen other than mine was black. After I saw it and heard that exhaust I just had to get one, it was love at first site, although I had been checking them out since I heard about them. I like rutgers, I am in grad school now so I have been here for a while. I remember the 1 and 10 days with the football team there is a lot more school spirit now. What have you heard specifically about turbo trix?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Specifically I've heard that if you don't have a turbo car they wont even bother with you. A friend of mine went there with his spec V and they didn't even give him the time of day. Which I guess makes sense since they are TURBOtrix. The only cars I've ever seen them work on are Evo's, some STi's and Supras (I saw a Skyline there once but I dont know if they were working on it. I drove by there like 5 times that day just to look at it :D) I don't know if you've seen a lime Green Evo driving around central Jersey but I know that the driver of that car has gone through like 3 engines. That could be a testament to the driver not the tune but I still wouldn't chance it. People on the Evo and WRX forums have mixed feelings about them. Since I doubt they know much about the Speed3 I wouldn't want my car being the guinea pig.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
enough said, I am waiting for cobb, I was just thinking that I could help out the mazda community but a safe tune if my priority, not having the most whp.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bumped into a guy wearing a turbotrix shirt while picking up my breakfast, so I asked him if they have tuned any ms3's. He said he did using an a/f controller to lean it out but he did not know what it put down on the dyno. He did remember the car having no power above 5500 rpm's and said that he does tune cobb.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=Focused link=topic=66448.msg1139989#msg1139989 date=1168317702]
As you've found out, TurboTrix is pretty big within the Evo community, and I think they've done work in the Subie world, too.

Personally, I'd love to see what they could do with the MS3, and I'd most def. be down to take my car to them if i were as close to them as you are!!! Shoot, I'm not even that far to begin with...if you don't bring it, I will :D

BTW, don't think they have the quickest Evo anymore, as I recall there being an 8 sec. Evo running the streets (yes, on the streets) from another firm. Regardless, TTrix makes moves! GO FOR IT! :goodjob:

[/quote]

That'd be a 9-sec street Evo RS owned by David Buschur of Buschur racing. That car is scary fast, and he drives it every day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts