Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an autodimming mirror and wiring harness, but no diagram to tell me which wire goes where. Can someone stick a tester on their wires from the plug and tell me wire color, position on the harness, and where it goes. Thanks so much. A labeled picture of the plug would be a godsend.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is a very good link. However, all my wires are different colors than those. I think mine came out of an RX8. Looking into the back of my plug where the wires come out with the button lock part facing up, I have ten holes. From left to right, top to bottom, the 1,2,3,4,5, and 7 are empty. Then I have 6 black w/red stripe, 8 black w/yellow stripe, 9 black w/green stripe, and 10 solid black. The colors aren't the same, so I figured if someone would just test those positions on thier plug I'd be set. Just call polarity by plug position, instead of by color. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME! LOL

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is just the autodim with homelink, no compass or temp gauge. The original harness has the 4 wires listed above coming out. I could guess that the solid black one is ground, and the black/ red stripe is constant, probably the black/ yellow stripe is switched, but what is the black/ green stripe? I just figured it easier to go by plug position rather than color because my colors are different than anyone elses. I am almost to the point to test drive a mazda with this mirror, and pull over down the road and stick a tester up in the plug. I just figured that there are over 10000 people on here, and that one of them who has the mirror, owns a multimeter or test light also. But, maybe I'm wrong. :) Lets hope not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts