Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Anyone have the Koni Sport Kit (Springs & Dampers)?

I've ordered them and should receive soon, I'll write review after they're installed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Anyone have the Koni Sport Kit (Springs & Dampers)?

summitracing.com, pretty good price like 580$
But the shipping to canada was costly, ~80$us

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does Koni describe the spring rates that come with the kit? I bought the kit for my other car, but Koni never said how stiff the springs are.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=ShiftHappens link=topic=71094.msg1279562#msg1279562 date=1174421133]
Does Koni describe the spring rates that come with the kit? I bought the kit for my other car, but Koni never said how stiff the springs are.
[/quote]

+1 as i am getting the yellows and springs in the next week

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Permissible axle load (v/h) in kg

thats what it reads.
on another note I would love to know the rates also, but vogtland doesnt give them out just like H&R. You gotta figure it out yourself.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
hmmm...thats odd. usually, when there are 2 different numbers separated by the slash, it is differentiating between front and rear. and the front is higher due to the engine being in the front

·
Registered
92 Posts
The dealer tells me I need a link kit for the front struts. «whats that about? He told me the stock ones will break in 1 week

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Link kit?

I haven't heard of this. Maybe camber links? If so, then get an SPC/Eibach one, if completely neccessary. The drop is relatively close to the Pro-Kit, therefore I'm not sure what he means by that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, the camber kit is being installed at the same time..
I went to canadian tire and the guy showed me a `link kit`
Its like a big screw with plastic stuff. Anyway thought it would have come with the kit itself..

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
1. never heard of anyone needing a link kit with strut installation

2. your dealer is bullshitting you

3. get your ass away from can-tire

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=biped link=topic=71094.msg1281877#msg1281877 date=1174504878]
3. get your ass away from can-tire
[/quote]

Yeah guy, they might use your stock antenna against you....if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I just got home with a 1990 tempo (they're keeping the car overnight to finish the install)
I dunno about that link kit stuff..he says the shock is stiffer so it won't last more than 2 weeks

1 - 20 of 47 Posts