Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be receiving a short shifter soon as my next mod to my 06 Mazda3...

seeing how the stock boot is obviously to long...I am going to be in need of a new shift boot...

and was curious to ask if anyone here as any pics of a carbon fiber shift boot installed on there Mazda3?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
There is a pic on ebay. I have one of these boots, but, I don't know how to post pics yet. I can email it to you. Mine fits nice. You just have to kindof move it around and "shape" it to make it look right. Then it will stay that way. I've had it for about 2months with no problems. I even bought some of the raw carbon fiber cloth from his dealer and covered my door panels and dash strip with it (tough job-will look like crap if you are not good at this-I did mine twice). The seller is very nice and explained how to do everything, even hooked me up with his dealer. Looks sweet.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=Cain link=topic=69279.msg1206944#msg1206944 date=1171467086]
There is a pic on ebay. I have one of these boots, but, I don't know how to post pics yet. I can email it to you. Mine fits nice. You just have to kindof move it around and "shape" it to make it look right. Then it will stay that way. I've had it for about 2months with no problems. I even bought some of the raw carbon fiber cloth from his dealer and covered my door panels and dash strip with it (tough job-will look like crap if you are not good at this-I did mine twice). The seller is very nice and explained how to do everything, even hooked me up with his dealer. Looks sweet.
[/quote]

it says that it fits stock shifters... if i wanted to use it on a sts, what would i have to do to make sure its not all bunched up (i.e. what happens when you use the stock boot with an upgraded sts)?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The guy who makes these "Jay", custom makes them. I'm sure if you email him and tell him you want it 1" or 2" shorter he would do it. I haven't had a chance from my two jobs to email you a pic of mine, but what do you think of the pic on ebay. If it looks good then you just need yours shortened the same as your short shifter is.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=Cain link=topic=69279.msg1214979#msg1214979 date=1171813292]
The guy who makes these "Jay", custom makes them. I'm sure if you email him and tell him you want it 1" or 2" shorter he would do it. I haven't had a chance from my two jobs to email you a pic of mine, but what do you think of the pic on ebay. If it looks good then you just need yours shortened the same as your short shifter is.
[/quote]

gotcha, was just wondering about the boot height, if he could custom make one shorter thats great! thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
i think it would look nice with a sts.. add that little touch to make it stand out but not be overly flashy.

honestly though, im not feeling the knob, never really like that style. but thats beside the point and to each his own!

thanks for sending the pix! i think ill order a custom cf boot when i order my sts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts