Mazda3 Forums banner

Anyone have mudflaps?

20K views 124 replies 50 participants last post by  ricke 
#1 ·
I was thinking about getting the mudflaps from the accessories catalog. Does anyone have them? If so, do you have any pics?

#3 ·
I'm thinking of getting them too.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if there is a function for rear mud flaps that would greatly influence one to purchase them?

And I believe they're like... 70 bucks from the CDN accessory list... crazy...

#8 ·
Too bad you can't get them with the sport side skirts already on there....bastages

Hasta :p

#10 ·
I believe they come with front mud flaps (atleast the Canadian version does, except base model). Rear mudflaps probably are not necessary unless you get into dirt and sandy areas.

The rear wheels aren't powered so they probably won't kickup.

#12 ·
I've had mudflaps on some of my cars and not on others. I like them because they really do keep a lot of crud off of the car. They also greatly reduce spray on the highway. Rear wheels kick up just as much junk as front ones do, so I would want to get both front and rear. I strted the post because I was wondering if anyone had bought and installed them themselves. Are they a pain to put on? I'd also like to see what they look like on the 3, so if anyone has pics, post 'em up.

#15 ·
I suppose a question i'm posing would be, is there anyway to just drill into the well of the wheel for the mudflaps to attach to with the side skirts on there? Anyone have a pic of the flaps NOT on the rig yet to see if there is a lip or groove or something which wouldn't allow the flaps to attach?

So people with the flaps and no skirts can message me if you want instead of posting as there are MANY topics on this subject.

Hasta :p

#16 ·
I actually think it'd be great if someone could make a sticky FAQ or tutorial on how to install mudflaps?
Cuz the dealer charges an arm and a leg for mudflaps. I'm sure we could all find them cheap at Canadian Tire of some car shop.

erick.s, thanks for bringing up the topic. I was about to make a thread myself :)

#21 ·
dugrant153 said:
I actually think it'd be great if someone could make a sticky FAQ or tutorial on how to install mudflaps?
I second that motion!

I'd really like to get some mudflaps for my 3 GFX. I realize it'll ruin the look of the car a bit, but every time I'm driving and I hear dirt and salt (especially lately) being kicked up under my car, I cringe.

#23 ·
I hope you don't have the S-model, It says:

"Black Plastic, for the 4-Door i-Model. Does not fit the 4-Door s-Model or the 5-Door. Mazda part # BP4K-V3-450F "

gtibri said:
With shipping & everything, I paid $83 for a set of four at mazdastuff.com

#25 ·
mikethuan said:
I hope you don't have the S-model, It says:

"Black Plastic, for the 4-Door i-Model. Does not fit the 4-Door s-Model or the 5-Door. Mazda part # BP4K-V3-450F "

gtibri said:
With shipping & everything, I paid $83 for a set of four at mazdastuff.com
I know, had to return them. The guy added that statement after I told him it only fits the i model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.