Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's 04 3i is at 70k miles and the front struts are definitely worn. Car still has stock springs and struts. Started noticing the car to "wallow" up and down over large dips in the road over the past few months. Also started to notice that I get shuddering of the front wheels when traveling over breaks in the pavement on curves in the road. The car has only been on the road since May of 04. I'm quite surprised that the stock suspension is going this quick. I read over the suspension post subjects for the last 6 months and didn't see anyone else posting any similar problems with stock suspensions so I figured I'd ask. I've researched replacement front struts online a bit. I've found them as cheap as $80 a piece for OEM front replacements.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's no real problem with your car,OEM shocks usually lose their effectiveness after only 50kmiles it can be different depending on the car. For most cars, OEM shocks aren't the best quality. It's not necessary to change the shocks, but if you want a smoother ride you should change them usually.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have the OEM struts for sale, they have 10 000kms, replaced by tein damper
if u interested, just pm me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts