Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew the horn while driving past a friend the other day, and I almost tried to hide afterwards... :oops:

What's with the "teen going through puberty" sounding horn??? I think that may be my first mod! Get some Hella horns in that thing that display a sound of authority.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hahahahaha, thats pretty funny. go for a fog horn, that should get some attention.lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hmm

Well, I have to say one thing. At least our horn is better than the one on the Civic. The Civic sounds like its nose is plugged and has to spew out some boogs. :x

I hate Civics...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't suggesting anything like fog horns, but something with a dual tone. It seems like the 3 only has a single horn where as most cars have two; One high tone, and one low tone. That's what the Hella horns are.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah it's a bit light. It's not as harsh which I like but then again because of that's it's not as effective at informing jerk offs when they're driving #1. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn, that's kinda dissapointing. My MX-6 horn sounds wimpy and so does my firend's Protege' 5. Not that it's THAT big of a deal, but I was hoping the sound would be more... masculine.

If that makes any sense...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well Jaysin it is a bit deeper, but quieter at the same time, hard to describe really. I mean the Pro5 had more of a BEEP, this is a BLART. ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
japanese cars have notoriously had wimpy horns... the 3 seems even wimpier than the P5 to me...

the Germans and Americans tend to have meaner horns :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anyone press their horn accidentally? I find its VERY easy to press. Sometimes getting out of my car... "BEEP!"... or making a turn with one hand on the wheel... it touches the corner of the horn and "BEEP!". Oh well... its pretty embarrassing especially with the wimpy horn.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was very disappointed when I tried it the first time. probably going to be my first mod(cause it's cheap and I'm broke). I'm used to my dual tone Jeep horn, it actual caused reactions in people. When I blow this one, people look around to see who sneezed. It's not very impressive.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Its like the horn on my nephews Power Wheels.

·
Registered
882 Posts
"Oh well... its pretty embarrassing especially with the wimpy horn."

Heh, just pretend your Herbie the Love Bug and go around beeping at everyone. :D

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
honk honk usually means GET the F* out of the way!
with the mazda 3's honk..it's like..."excuses me.. i am right behind you, can you move please.... pretty please? No? oh that's alrite... "

1 - 20 of 108 Posts