Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The carpet in the car is a POS. Interested in ideas for doing your own install on a dead pedal. Bought some velcro strips and cut them to size to put on it.....but there must be something a little more substantial out there that is cheap to do...............thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
there's a little invention called screws. you need a special tool called a screwdriver to "screw" the screw. im not sure how it works but i hear it's so easy, even a caveman can do it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:crazy: Excuse me??!!!!!! That's alot of help!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
screw it into the floor like all the other dead pedals!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=65385.msg1120843#msg1120843 date=1167167278]
there's a little invention called screws. you need a special tool called a screwdriver to "screw" the screw. im not sure how it works but i hear it's so easy, even a caveman can do it.
[/quote]

Unless you drill into the metal beneath, the only material there is for a screw to grab onto is the carpet. Surprisingly enough, that seems to hold my deadpedal on there pretty well, but I hardly think that greyzoomer's solution is deserving of mockery. And I'll bet anything that his velcro strips will hold a deadpedal in place at least as well as a few screws anchored into the carpet.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
it was a joke. take a chill pill.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:werd: Right.........thanks dmention7....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must have been the cranberries yesterday..........I wasn't getting it???!!!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
yea, screws are pretty secure. I just installed my pedals today and the dead pedal is pretty secure. The only thing is that the rubber inserts push through very easily. I'm thinking about getting another thin plate to put in behind the carpet and bolt it through so there is enough pressure to keep the rubber dots pushed through. Although laziness will probably win the battle and i'll simply leave it as is until it messes up.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yeah i noticed that mine are pushed back just a bit as well. and speaking of lazy, i've had my pedals for about 7 or 8 months and i have only managed to put on the dead pedal. hahahaha.

·
Registered
611 Posts
LOL- i got mine yesterday and mine are already on :)

Its really not that bad of a job- took me about 2 hours w/ phone calls, breaks, and general dicking around. It's time well spent- especially in the holiday season if you aren't working and have a couple free hours. Lay down some newspaper before drilling so you dont have metal shaving all up in your carpet ;p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts