Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pretty much decided to buy a Mazda3 later this month...but am still mulling over whether the navigation system is worth the bucks. How usable is it? (The alphanumeric input by little joystick looks clunky...)

-- Harry

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not used it yet. But for ~$1800 it seems really over priced. You could easily buy a color Palm computer (Dell $400) and a GPS ($150) and a linking system with mapping software ($100) and get the same results. You also have the advantage of having a Palm computer that you can remove and take with you and also a GPS system for camping/hiking whatever that is also portable.
To me the Mazda price of $1800 just seems crazy high...if it was under a grand then I would think of it.
:?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Even at that, you could get an aftermarket unit installed for less than that. But I am interested in hearing what those who have the nav system think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It will be the same nav system as in the RX8. You can go to an RX8 board and ask them what they think. My last car was an Acura with Nav and the only downside to the system was that you don't ever want to have another car without one! It is more than worth the money and the factory look of it can't be beat! Add to that the ability to modify the system to show DVD's on the screen and you have a factory entertainment system in an econobox!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
the navigation system is quite nifty...this is the first time ive ever used one and it is quite accurate haha but ill post further info once i get going into parts that i realy dont kno like to the los angeles area or other big cities! but i really like it and that girls voice is sexy LOL...jk

·
Registered
171 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
the navigation system is quite nifty...this is the first time ive ever used one and it is quite accurate haha but ill post further info once i get going into parts that i realy dont kno like to the los angeles area or other big cities! but i really like it and that girls voice is sexy LOL...jk
does the NAV do anything else besides show the map/directions.. i.e.. gas mileage, inside/outside temp, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
have it and love it

I've found the navigation system to be very helpful. I like it a lot. Only issue I have is some of the business listings on it are out of date. It is very intelligent and has certainly saved me some time. A bit pricey obviously, but it has worked out well for me so far. Glad I got rid of my Tiberoun for this.

BMR Gravity

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.