Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this camera for the purpse of recording my driving a few weeks ago. So far it seems to be working nicely and the video footage isn't too bad for such a tiny and inexpensive camera. I'll try to get some video I took with it uploaded soon. The video I am trying to upload is 15 minutes of driving around my favorite lake. The file is about 5 times the size that photobucket will allow for uploads. I'll figure out a way to get it on there though.

Anyways, just wondering if you guys have any tips or care to share how you set up your camera to capture your driving footage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That video looks really nice. Better resolution than my camera. I wil have to try mounting it outside the car sometime to try out the capabilities its tiny size offer. The only place I have tried mounting it so far is on the passenger side of the spot that the rearview mirror comes out of. Its 170 degree lens gave me way too much dash and hood for my liking. I should try the passenger headrest sometime. Another spot that I think would work well would be the dome light. That would probably give some footage of the steering wheel and hands. Maybe even a little of the guages.

·
Registered
68 Posts
[quote author=chodaboy1980 link=topic=135204.msg2910035#msg2910035 date=1233700869]
That video looks really nice. Better resolution than my camera. I wil have to try mounting it outside the car sometime to try out the capabilities its tiny size offer. The only place I have tried mounting it so far is on the passenger side of the spot that the rearview mirror comes out of. Its 170 degree lens gave me way too much dash and hood for my liking. I should try the passenger headrest sometime. Another spot that I think would work well would be the dome light. That would probably give some footage of the steering wheel and hands. Maybe even a little of the guages.
[/quote]
I know a guy who mounts one of those on his helmet; seems to return decent footage, and of course, it looks where you do, which is useful if you're just getting started.

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote author=SpeedTheory link=topic=135204.msg2910453#msg2910453 date=1233711173]
Chef, was this an Aiptek?
[/quote]
Yes it was. Not bad for the price if you ask me. At that price, you could buy 3 and mount them all around the car. :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote author=R3d Baron link=topic=135204.msg2910776#msg2910776 date=1233720571]
that vid came out nice don

even if I did move the camera :lol:
[/quote]
Thanks man! You did well despite the floodwaters this weekend. Just keep getting better.

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
Yeah that rain was a nitemare... Especially going into the chicago box :shock: That was a little intimidating

Thanks man! I'm going to be at the next BMW event so I can get more action and more runs :)

I kinda wish race tires could be an option for one of my stock sets, but I just want to have fun right now anyways, I'm not too worried about being competitive yet

·
Registered
89 Posts
[quote author=R3d Baron link=topic=135204.msg2910792#msg2910792 date=1233721076]
Yeah that rain was a nitemare... Especially going into the chicago box :shock: That was a little intimidating

Thanks man! I'm going to be at the next BMW event so I can get more action and more runs :)

I kinda wish race tires could be an option for one of my stock sets, but I just want to have fun right now anyways, I'm not too worried about being competitive yet
[/quote]
You can ride with me again sometime when it's dry, then you'll really want to get those R-comps. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
[quote author=chodaboy1980 link=topic=135204.msg2909958#msg2909958 date=1233699116]
I just got this camera for the purpse of recording my driving a few weeks ago. So far it seems to be working nicely and the video footage isn't too bad for such a tiny and inexpensive camera. I'll try to get some video I took with it uploaded soon. The video I am trying to upload is 15 minutes of driving around my favorite lake. The file is about 5 times the size that photobucket will allow for uploads. I'll figure out a way to get it on there though.

Anyways, just wondering if you guys have any tips or care to share how you set up your camera to capture your driving footage.
[/quote]

Does the Go Pro camera have a plug for an add-on microphone?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't believe it has an add on for a microphone. It does have a built in microphone. I will try it tomorrow for the first time with the lens cover off. That is supposed to allow for a lot more sound to be recorded.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used the non 170 degree lens go pro several times. Mounting it in all kinds of places (inside of windshields, rear window looking forward and back, low on the rear quarter just infront of the wheel, and center of the bumber) Normaly comes out with pretty good footage. My only complaint would be no remote, its just kind of a pain to have someone else start it before you go out, especialy at a track day when you wait in the pit for like 10 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts