Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dance: Seriously to all my Mid-Atl/Northeast people drive carefully!!! This Ice sucks, hopefuly no one looses power :tense:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Soooooo glad I got the new tires a few weeks ago. Looking outside I was starting to get very nervous when that dusting was on the ground. The Kumhos did a great job getting me home tonight!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the stocker 16's from when I purchased it in June 05 :shock: But they did good, just wont be going to work tomorrow :party:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Stocker 16s are actually pretty decent in the snow from what I've heard - I had the 17" RSAs with 26,000 miles on them!! They were scary in the snow when they were brand new.... I nearly crapped myself driving to work with a dusting a couple months ago. Within a week I had the new tires. ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have almost 26,000 on these. I think I can get by until Summer. The plan was to get aftermarket ones and save the 16's for winter, lil late now :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yea, yesterday was fun, im glad my recently puchased 3 has no abs, cause i got used to driving my miata with no abs. The only problem is that my truck and miata are RWD and im used to beig able to hang the tail out..

i gots the stock 17" RSAs that have maybe 1/8'' left on them

Im holding out to get some nice tires for the warmer wether, then will prob invest in a set of winter rims/tires for next winter.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
it's just now starting to get bad over here! I heart my snow tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll let you know how it goes for me... mine's getting a new clutch put into it (covered under warrenty by Mazda, somehow, for those who care) and I have a rental. Ford Edge... it's a Mazda 6 with a big body, a lift kit, a 265 HP 3.5L, and AWD. Not bad. It really didn't have much trouble this morning on the Schuylkill Expwy or PA Tpk. Woo!

·
Registered
498 Posts
well i didnt go ice skating.. I just slid back and next thing ya know the car is up on the curb.. (no damage though) just hurt on the inside.. it stayed like that for a day til the snow melted a lil bit..

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
This morning i attempted to take my 05 S with the stock 17's on there... i turned around a mile later and said, oh hell no! gotta love high profile tires

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i have some pirelli something or others. i just got some cheap 4 seasons. they work fine. 560 for all 4 with the 4 year warranty on them for 50$.

i love pullin the e-brake comin into my neighborhood. i have it perfected now, im in a constant slide around a wide sweepin turn and thne a turn onto my street, and then a 90 degree slide into my driveway..

my back tires prolly hate me.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i have the stock tires that came with the 3.

it snowed/iced last week here in NoVA and the day after i got stuck in my driveway, my driveway is about 1/4 off the main street, and had to call my dad to come and push me out i got out but the 3 was slipping!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol....I got stuck in my driveway too during the last storm. It was completley locked to the ground by ice, at one point I was in 3rd going 65mph according to the speedo; but not moving at all :shock: Sure was fun though, until the tires started smoking :lol: This week not as bad as I thoughts, this snow was wet but not icey.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
lol!!! :D

my tires didn't smoke but were just spinning and the spedo read 60!!!

my brothers car, mercedes SLK 320, rwd he was trying to get out but all his car was spinning his tires and smoke was coming out!!!
we also recorded it on video i'll try to post it soon!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
[quote author=Coke3H link=topic=69440.msg1214921#msg1214921 date=1171810143]
well i didnt go ice skating.. I just slid back and next thing ya know the car is up on the curb.. (no damage though) just hurt on the inside.. it stayed like that for a day til the snow melted a lil bit..

[/quote]

I ran into the same situation the first day of snow... a week after I got my car. Bent the tie road, scratched the bumper, had to replace wheel.
NOT FUN AT ALL.

After that I learned my lesson... bought a set of blizzak revo. Now I'm laughing my ass off at those FWD stucked in snow. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts