Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and great board. I am currently deployed in the Balklans and will be returning home sometime this spring. With any luck I will be able to purchase a new 3S 5 door upon my return.
My wife is elegible for FORD "A"/"X" plan meant for family members of Ford Motor Co. I understand that with Ford's interest in Mazda, they too have a "price plan" to Ford employees. Has anyone used this to buy a Mazda?
I have bought 3 Ford's that way and it is the easiest thing in the world. Just walk in with a PIN number pick out the car you want, dealer shows the invoice with "A" plan price on it and then you also get any incentives or rebates that are applicable. No dickering nor hassle.
Can anyone help me here? Is the Mazda deal as sweat as the Ford one?
Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Ford A Plan = Mazda E Plan
Ford X Plan = Mazda S Plan

Yeah, they're the same... S plan is about invoice, E plan is 3-4% below invoice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
flat 4,

Thanks for doing the "heavy lifting" for us folks back home.

I just took delivery of my(read, My Wifes) Mazda 3s 5 Door. We made the purchase using my cousins Ford Frends and Neighbors Plan (Ford X). The only problem was getting into the Ford computers to generate the PIN. They were acting up for a day or so and Ford HR is on a 2 week vacation, so couldn't talk to anyone to rectify the problem. Finaly got on-line, generated a PIN, which could be e-mailed to the salesman from the web site. Drove down and picked it up. Took about an 45min at the dealer and BAM. M6ZoomZoom is correct. I paid a few dollars under invoice. No fuss no muss. 8)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just got hired on full-time from an internship with a company that is a "Ford Partner" and was stoked to find in my benefits that I get a discount through Ford and even more excited when I heard it applied to Mazda's as well.

I have the Mazda "S" Plan pricing, and from my best calculations it appears that the cars go for about 11% under MSRP. I just print out a code from a webpage, bring in my badge from work, and they show me the price. I haven't gotten the official word on the 3's yet, but I plan on visiting a dealer this week.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Let us know how your experience goes, FatMorbo. I'll be buying through S-plan come march/april.

BTW, can you put in your location in your profile?

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I actually won't be buying until about the same time at the earliest (I need to save up a good down payment and get some financials settled now that I finally have work), but I want to try to make it to a dealer sometime this week to do a test drive and to see what the pricing on the S-Plan is like.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
S-plan usually ranges between +/- 1.5% of invoice. The only person I know who bought a 3 through invoice got theirs for about 1.77% above, which is not what I expected. Still a great deal, nonetheless!

Good luck with your shopping :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts