Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone got their Mazda3's has done this on their are?
this is offer for $788 from the dealership, but i know a place that do the same thing for $395.

Automotive Protection Packages includes
1.Paint Protection
2.Fabric Protection
3.Leather Protection
4.Rust Protection
5.Undercoat Protection

Or do u guys went out to a private company to do this on your car? And how much did it cost u guys? In Canadian $

·
Registered
185 Posts
$395 is a bit high. Something around $300 is more reasonable. BTW, when you do rust proofing which is not really needed in BC, make sure they dont drill holes in your car or spray rust proofing chemical on electronics components. BTW, if you have leather, then why do you need fabric?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Geez, I opted for what the dealer called the "Platinum 2" package for $995 (on sale from about $1400). It includes paint protection, rustproofing, fabric/leather protection and sound deadening. In Toronto rustproofing is a must, unless you get a VW because apparently VW guarantees that their bodies won't rust for 10 years. Anyway, the dealer said that the rustproofing is guaranteed for 10 years as well and they they do it in-house (without drilling) and that I must come in for yearly inspections for the rustproofing. The leather protection means that they probably just apply some sort of treatment to the seats during PDI, although they do give you a bottle of the treatment when you pick up your vehicle. There is fabric on the doors, headliner and trunk so I've got that covered with the package. I forget how long the coverage is on the other items, but I remember that it ranged anywhere from 4 to 10 years. For $995 I don't think that it's a bad deal, my dad just bought a 2004 Toyota Prius and the dealer charged him over $1000 for similar service and they probably outsource their rustproofing too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Every time I hear about these packages I am reminded of the movie "Fargo" where the salesman is trying to put in a "rust and dust" package at a "bargain price".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts