Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda3 i SV, 2.0L, 5 speed automatic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the hunt for a Mazda dealer (or private tech with the right computer) to turn on my cruise control function. Three dealers close to me have not panned out, and I'd like to go somewhere where they know what I'm talking about, and can take care of it while I wait. I'm located near Morris, IL but am willing to drive some if it won't be a dead-end. 2013 M3 i SV.

Thank you!

G

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
After you install the steering wheel with the CC buttons, you still have to flash the ECU to make the CC work. That's what he's talking about.

My local Mazda stealership is also woefully lacking in "custom" technical experience. They pretty much refuse to do anything like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean turn on your cruise control function? And why were the other three dealers a "dead-end"?
My car did not come with cruise control, but I’ve read extensively that if can be added. I installed the hardware necessary and was hoping a dealer would turn on the option as I’ve read they can do.

Dealer 1 the service manager ghosted me like an ex girlfriend. I had a key made there and wanted to continue business because they are close to home.

Dealer 2 knows exactly what to do but won’t because it’s a “liability”

Dealer 3 heard of it, but said they would have to have the car at least a full day, which doesn’t work. It takes a few minutes and I don’t need them charging for other stuff too. Plus they are over an hour away.

So I’m getting together what I need to use ForScan to go in and turn it on myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After you install the steering wheel with the CC buttons, you still have to flash the ECU to make the CC work. That's what he's talking about.

My local Mazda stealership is also woefully lacking in "custom" technical experience. They pretty much refuse to do anything like this.
Exactly. The closest dealer to my home has been a let down overall. I went there first to get a spare key made and try them out. It's a nice dealer, advisors are nice. Asked about the cruise control and warped dash (seeing if they would goodwill it). Advisors said I'd need to talk to the manager the following week because he'd be the one with that information.

Tried all that week to get a hold of him. Called the following next week, asked for him and finally got him. He said I was out of goodwill on the dash (go figure) and he'd have to check with his top tech the following day and call me back on the cruise question. Waited a few days for benefit of the doubt and then called - advisors said he was working and transferred. Did this several times over a few days, and left multiple voice mails. Even shot him some e-mails. Have called a few more times and the guy won't talk to me or call me back. I get they could be busy, but give me something - at least call and say "no", don't play this ghost like an ex-girlfriend nonsense.

The interactions with the three closest dealers has not encouraged me on getting factory service performed on this car. I've got 10 years of mechanic experience in my past life and am going to do my best to do most of the maintenance on the car, and go with one of several trusted independents if it gets out of my wheelhouse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts