Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
948 Posts
Since you've already paid for your car, you will be the last person to get your hands on that car. They will offer that car to everyone else who walks in the door. You will only get your car when it becomes absolutely certain that no one else will buy that car except for you.

When will that be? I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

· Registered
948 Posts
Err, I didn't offer a solution to your misery in my last post:

The fastest way to get your car is to get your money back. If you've already signed a contract this may be difficult.

· Registered
948 Posts
ManualShifterHopefulMz3s said:
LeeLee,
Are you implying that those whom have OFFICIALLY placed their respective orders are at a disadvantage of being privileged for the cars readily available?
I am not implying anything - I'm saying that is what is going to happen. By placing an order or a deposit on a car, you will be the last person to be offered a car that match your requirements because you are no longer actively shopping for a car. What assurances do you get by placing an order, even with a VIN number? Absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

Got a VIN from the dealer? So what? Three months later "your car" finally shows up and its a different VIN, what are you going to do, sue them for breach of contract? No, you will just take the car because you've already waited 3 months and you don't want to go car hunting again. They may also come up with a story like "The factory left out one of your options on the car you ordered, but we were able to do a port swap for a car that's just the way you want it."

What are you going to do?

The fastest way to get your car is to take back your deposit, cancel your order if you can, start calling dealers and tell them that the first one to find your car at your price will get your money.

· Registered
948 Posts
dja0323 said:
No ETA given until a Vin# is assigned.

I would have to take leelee's advice with a grain of salt. Here in Phx there are plenty of Mazda3's to go around so I don't see how or why my dealer would sell the one I ordered with my specs over the "more popular" configurations that all the dealerships seem to have. I also have not purchased the car, I just gave them a deposit for ordering (a requirement if purchasing by S-Plan).
As I said in a earlier post, the VIN doesn't matter. They will find a way to get around it.

Now I am not saying that if you ordered a car the dealer is going to put it on the front lot with a giant "Hot Deal" sign on it. No, but what they will do is list that car as being available to everyone else who walks in, while it is on order and for the few days after it arrives.

Even if they have 20 other Mazda3s on the lot, a walk-in buyer may like the one you ordered more, and the dealer won't think twice about selling it to him and make you wait longer. "Sorry, the factory pushed back their schedule because they had to divert a build shift to European models, twenty other people are in the same boat as you".

· Registered
948 Posts
Waymo said:
Thanks for all the prompt replies. I went out on a limb and started calling other local dealers today, and found one in Salt Lake City that was actually willing to help, even though the Orem dealer already had my money and either couldn't or wouldn't help.
That's good news! Hope you get the car soon!

It's amazing some times that certain dealers will be so willing to help. When I was hunting for a very particular Honda Element, I was having a very tough time locating it. Honda does not have a inventory system on their website so I had to call up each dealer to ask them what they had. Finally I called a dealer in Virginia Beach, about two hours away from me, and the guy that answered the phone looked everything up in his computer and told me that there are two cars in the state of Virginia that match my needs and one was about 15 minutes away from me. I had called this closer dealer about an hour before and they told me that they didn't have what I was looking for.

Anyway, here's to the helpful dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.