Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any HID kits out there in which I would not have to remove the reflector inside the fog light housing? I am becoming fed up with halogens and want to possibly upgrade to HIDs in my fogs but don't want to remove the reflector ring or retrofit projectors. Any of the kits have shorter bulbs or are there any bulbs out that that will work with the kits that are shorter? I am looking for a 3000K bulb also.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=texasplayer link=topic=142628.msg3073265#msg3073265 date=1240290316]
nope!
they fit me fine i have 10k's in mine..
and they fit perfectly
but then i took the reflector out...
there brighter this way ;)
why not take the reflector out?
if you need to know how pm me
[/quote]

Passing car blinding glare.. I already get flashed enough for having my 55w 6000k HIDs in my lowbeams..

· Registered
372 Posts
From what I understand, most of the guys that had to pull out the reflector are the guys with the round fog lights (pre 2007 I believe).

In the rectangle fogs, the shield is a wrap around cylinder wiith an open front. The older round fogs have a shield that sits infront preventing the bulb to be fully inserted.

· Registered
4,614 Posts
I can get you a bulb that will be shorter and not hit the reflector, but the issue is that it has a different base and will not be plug and play for securing it. You are looking at a situation of deciding which is the lesser evil...

· Registered
268 Posts
I've got an 04 hatch and didn't have a problem getting my 3000K hid's in at all. I did eventually remove the reflector bowl for shits and giggles, but it isn't somthing I would do again if I didn't need to. If you do remove it, just be sure to throw some yellow Lamin-X on it to dim it out a little bit. Mine are aimed up all the way with no one flashing me, and thats on top of having my 35w 6000K HID's in the lows.

· Registered
5,580 Posts
[quote author=04Mazda3Sport link=topic=142628.msg3074461#msg3074461 date=1240342305]
I've got an 04 hatch and didn't have a problem getting my 3000K hid's in at all. I did eventually remove the reflector bowl for shits and giggles, but it isn't somthing I would do again if I didn't need to. If you do remove it, just be sure to throw some yellow Lamin-X on it to dim it out a little bit. Mine are aimed up all the way with no one flashing me, and thats on top of having my 35w 6000K HID's in the lows.
[/quote]

^^^^

What he said.

Oliver

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.