Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My Mazda 3 will not start, and the dealer thinks it is because of all the aftermarket stuff in the car. It seems that they are not sure what is damaged so they want to replace everything related to the issue. They want $4700 to fix the car(replace wiring harness and instrument cluster). I'm not ready to spend this kind of cash on a Mazda3!

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Bay Area? A lot of the dealer technicians are fresh off the "graduation boat" so I could be getting ripped off here. Please advise.

thanks!

· Registered
16,653 Posts
Where in the Bay are you? I reccamend my mechanic highly. His name is Mr. Mazda - ok, it's really Mike, but his shop is called Mr. Mazda. He's in Campbell. He's been around since 1989. He's worked on my 3 before and I trust him completely.

Tell him I sent you (Joelle). Good luck.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

I'm in San Francisco. Are you there too? I will give them a call.

Here is what the dealer told me:

"All of the wiring that is wired in to the wiring harness is too much and overloaded the system... To properly repair this vehicle, RECOMMENDATION is to remove ALL after market wiring, and re-assemble the car back the ORIGINAL Mazda way. Once car is returned to the original specifications and we can get is started and running, we need to re-check the car, because it being inoperative at this time we cannot tell if there are any other problems. Review these pictures I am attaching, and come down if you are able.

Total estimate for parts and labor at this point, includes diagnosis, replacement of the instrument cluster and wiring harness and re-checking the car. $4750.00

Please NOTE, further work may possibly come up after those repairs, because we cannot tell in advance what is going to work and what is not.... We have to replace the damaged parts 1st."

How ridiculous is that? I think I may try out mrmazda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.