Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a Speed 3, or knows a close friend with one that is modified heavily, 300+ whp/ wtq.

I'm curious if it is possible to have that kind of setup without wasting power in 2nd gear (wheel spin).

For example, if I start off from a low speed roll, 2nd gear/ 1500-2000 rpm and go WOT, will the tires spin at full boost with a good tire/ susp/engine mount setup or will the car just move?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't singling out the speed 3, just was curious with a proper suspension/ rear and side motor mount/ and some wide tires if the car will still spin in 2nd if the factory boost limit in 1st and 2nd is removed

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm running full bolt on's and a BNR S3 with an E85 tune, and I break the tires loose in 3rd. On my 93 tune, second gear is still pretty useless, but I have grip in 3rd.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone, I already checked the other forum and was more looking for individual experiences, trying to gather at what hp/ torque numbers does 2nd gear start spinning.

cody that is just what I wanted to hear, i'm guessing with that turbo you are very high 300s/low 400s would that be about right? what supporting mods do you have, suspension/ motor mounts/ tires etc.

also do did you just upgrade everything at once or do you have experiences at high 200s/low 300s etc, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts