Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing a 07 Mazda 3i Touring this summer. I test drove an 2.0 automatic today but will be buying a stick. They didn't have any 5sps available for test drive today. I was surprised at the amount of pep the 2.0 auto had. The 4 speeds gearing was a bit tall which held performance down a bit.

My main question is about the 2.0 5 speed. Can anyone descibe to me the difference in feeling/performace over the automatic. This will be my first manual car. I imagine the 5 speed to have even more pep due to the short gearing.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
besides the fact that if you drive a lot in traffic or the city, you will have two sore legs instead of one? lol i'm not sure about the 2.0 liter's but the 2.3 liter's seems more responsive in 5-speed form. It definitely reacts much better then the autostick that comes with the automatic 3's.

·
Registered
472 Posts
[quote author=BostonEscape84 link=topic=71829.msg1263787#msg1263787 date=1173745721]

My main question is about the 2.0 5 speed. Can anyone descibe to me the difference in feeling/performace over the automatic. This will be my first manual car. I imagine the 5 speed to have even more pep due to the short gearing.

Thanks for any help!
[/quote]

not only that, the manual will have less drivetrain loss so you're getting a bit more power to the wheels. really no reason to get an auto unless you live in traffic or someone has to drive your car that doesn't know how to drive stick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I will definitely be buying a manual 3 when the time comes. I have owned 3 automatics and I have become very bored with driving a slushbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts