What kind of antenna to use?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble deciding which antenna to get. Which one do u guys think looks the best?

The, 2.5" stubby antenna?

The 6" antenna?

or should i just leave it as is?

If anyone could post a full pic of their mazda3s with either of these 2 antennas from a distance.....that'd be great.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
There's a 4" available (I have that) exactly like the 2.5" one. Might want to check it out and be a nice compromise.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know how long the factory antenna is?
i'd measure myself but it's raining outside...

hmm.......i havent seen a 4" one.......maybe i'll try to find one this weekend

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh.....if it's the 3.5" then i know what u're talking about

i'm leaning a bit more towards the 6".....cuz i find the 2.5" or 3.5" is a bit too plain for me

but........i'll decide when i measure the length of the factory antenna......i guess i'll do that when it stops raining (if it ever stops raining here in vancouver.....hehe)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the 2.5" looks a little too stubby IMO. dunno about reception quality? i think i'll get the 3.5" or 6". I wud like to try one of each on the car tho to see which looks better

·
Registered
127 Posts
I really like that 6" antenna, I like the look of it a lot. Can somebody tell me where i can get one?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
171 Posts
i got a 4" billet cone antenna from antennax.com.. kind of like the TT bee sting but longer.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I saw a 3" one on eBay for US$10, but only available in polished silver.
Anyone knows where to get the 3" black antenna?
I have one that I'll sell ya for $10 + shipping (which could just be a couple of stamps since its so light). I decided to keep the stock one for the RC car look.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey rpc180 i might be interested in taking that off your hands if absinthe isn't. let me know what happens.. can you post some pics? where did you get it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FR3D said:
hey turtle, you can just get them in Parker Place, much cheaper
ok.....thanks! i'll go there this weekend hopefully if i have time.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Got it on ebay. Reception's good for me. I live near NYC so I get lots of signals. I like the look of a big RC car more though. Its only been used for about an hour when I got it; I put it on the car so you guys can see what it looks like on her. :wink:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
2.5"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts