Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to go outside and change out my suspension. I want to know if i would need a spring compressor to get the pro-kit springs off.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Re: Answer this quick (for the people who have switched from aftermarket springs)

I'm going to go with yes on this.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Answer this quick (for the people who have switched from aftermarket springs)

never mind i asked...opened a stupid thread. I went outside and took the aftermarket strut to check if it would work and it didint.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=134912.msg2903021#msg2903021 date=1233433754]
oh my god. fail thread of the year award.. you haz it.
[/quote]

Wrong that dude at the Orlando Forums about his Ticket for driving to Slow haz it! lol

·
Registered
435 Posts

[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=134912.msg2903021#msg2903021 date=1233433754]
[/quote]
ummmm, i have installed lowering springs on cars were i didnt need a spring compressor to reassemble. it was a valid question.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

after seeing the mazdaspeed accessory strut, and when i put the s-tech spring over it i saw i needed to compress it. I worked on my interior instead.

I don't want that award, keep it :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
11,561 Posts

[quote author=classicaddict link=topic=134912.msg2903202#msg2903202 date=1233443911]
[/quote]
ummmm, i have installed lowering springs on cars were i didnt need a spring compressor to reassemble. it was a valid question.
[/quote]

do explain how to do it on the mazda3 without a spring compressor. :p

·
Registered
8,183 Posts

haha thats funny...there actually is a way to do it on the 3 without using a spring compressor....not a very easy or safe method..but there is a method :)

to the OP....I take it you didnt put the pro-kit on yourself but decided to try it out with some new springs?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

i have changed springs my self. I installed my skunk2's that i had before but i was taking off the stock springs which required a spring compressor. To put the skunk2's on the strut we didn't need a spring compressor.

I thought about doing it without a spring compressor by taking the strut and pointing it towards the grass and taking the spring off but i was scared that the strut might pop up in the air and hit me or some shit while the top part of the strut is on the grass and spring is laying the grass and me on the floor bitching lol.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts

[quote author=08mazda2.0 link=topic=134912.msg2903390#msg2903390 date=1233452616]
i have changed springs my self. I installed my skunk2's that i had before but i was taking off the stock springs which required a spring compressor. To put the skunk2's on the strut we didn't need a spring compressor.

I thought about doing it without a spring compressor by taking the strut and pointing it towards the grass and taking the spring off but i was scared that the strut might pop up in the air and hit me or some shit while the top part of the strut is on the grass and spring is laying the grass and me on the floor bitching lol.
[/quote]

for one, you do know that just as the spring goes one way, the strut will go the other.

for two, you have any idea how much pressure that spring is under? please go rent the right tools and do the job right. rent it. use it. return it. no money spent.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

yea, that's why i didn't do it. I didn't want to drive anywhere to rent a compressor then go back home and jack the car up..bla bla bla...

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

that would be a sweet headline..."Man impaled by Mazda 3 Strut"

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yes it would!......NOT
:hahano:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts