Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but based on my search, there are a few things I need to know

1) Is the stock head unit 25 x 4 MAX (or RMS)

2) If Max, is there really any point to upgrading speakers without an amp? If so, what is a good upgrade to work with the existing equipment?

3) On the amp topic, can someone explain Line level applications to me? What does this mean and pro's / con's? and is install difficult when working with the factory HU

4) Has anyone done any uipgrades to the audio yet (details please)

Like I said, sorry for the re-hash of this topic but I want to do something with this audio system - IMO, it needs a little more jam!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
1. Yes its 25x4 max.

2. Nope. Need an amplifier for more output.

3. Line level means you send speaker outputs to a special box that converts the speaker input signals to RCA outputs. Its like powering the box with power and it giving out RCAs. High level inputs only refers to an amplifier. If you give an amplifier a speaker input, it will power the amplifier and give a full range RCA output.

3a. Pros for using LOC - Installation on factory systems that dont have RCA outputs. Shorter RCA runs if the LOC is near amps. Some have HIGH voltage output.

3b. Cons for using LOC - Other than running a crap load of speaker wire, there isnt any drawback. If the system is being installed at a local shop, they will charge extra for a LOC install. Non-powered units not as good as powered ones.

4. Yes, see here: http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1001. Youll have to ask noack for specific details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts