Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving my car and then CLUNK...CLUNK. i pull over and look under my hood and F*@!. there is my engine sitting on my axle.that damn engine mount bolt sucks.im so pissed at mazda.but atleast its under warranty :(

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
NOOOOO!!! Ok, now this really sucks and Mazda has a big problem on their hands. 3 cars isn't a coincidence anymore. Better be fixed when I get my 2008 next year

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
[quote author=killacam08 link=topic=68354.msg1180174#msg1180174 date=1170303210]
well i was driving my car and then CLUNK...CLUNK. i pull over and look under my hood and F*@!. there is my engine sitting on my axle.that damn engine mount bolt sucks.im so pissed at mazda.but atleast its under warranty :(
[/quote]

Mileage? And did you check that the bolt was tight?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Red threadlock: it's your friend

Please lock em up boys and gals.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
very shitty news. we know they will take care of it, but there really should be some sort of voluntary recall to check all cars made before xxx date.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=kyasa link=topic=68354.msg1180179#msg1180179 date=1170303341]
NOOOOO!!! Ok, now this really sucks and Mazda has a big problem on their hands. 3 cars isn't a coincidence anymore. Better be fixed when I get my 2008 next year
[/quote]

not just 3 cars, thats 3 cars that WE a VERY small collection of speed owners, know about....there very well could be more!!!

You can be sure I'll be checking this bolt myself....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Damn, that sucks! I guess I'll just keep checking mine every time I get under the car. The bottom of the bolt has some scratches on mine. So I use that as a reference to see if it's turned or backed off any. I take a pic every time I'm under the car. Then I can compare them. One of these days though, I'm gonna take the battery box off and pull the bolt out and thread lock that bitch!

Anyways, let us know what happens. Take some pics if you can. Let us know if the mount broke.. or what. Thanks... Hope they clear it up for ya fast!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
[quote author=JimmyMac link=topic=68354.msg1180299#msg1180299 date=1170306490]
Damn, that sucks! I guess I'll just keep checking mine every time I get under the car. The bottom of the bolt has some scratches on mine. So I use that as a reference to see if it's turned or backed off any. I take a pic every time I'm under the car. Then I can compare them. One of these days though, I'm gonna take the battery box off and pull the bolt out and thread lock that bitch!
[/quote]

Definetly smart but shouldn't be necessary for a new car. The fact that it is means that Mazda needs to figure out something fast. If not just for our sake, also for their bottom line. They are gonna lose some customers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yeah, but I have the Xede and the AWR mount installed in my car. It's not like I can just take it to the dealer and say.. Hey.. fix it... hehe. I do my own oil and maintenance. So something like this, I'll do my self. Unless of course if they have to replace it with a whole new part. But I can see the concern though. Mazda needs to figure something out. New cars shouldn't have this kind of problem. I'm sure they'll work the bugs out by the 2008 model edition.. haha...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
What kinda pisses me off about this thread is the starter completely fails to give any more info. That really irks me to no end. This is a serious issue and it would be nice to know if he checked it previously and his mileage. If he did and the bolt was tight but it still happened, then that's really something to worry about. If he never checked it, at least we can chalk it up to being a loose(from the factory) bolt.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=68354.msg1180259#msg1180259 date=1170305026]
very shitty news. we know they will take care of it, but there really should be some sort of voluntary recall to check all cars made before xxx date.
[/quote]

Byron was told by his dealer that the two cases Mazda knew about had way different build dates. Anyhow, time to start the recall. What a major PITA if it happens to you. I know mine's sticking out the bottom, and I'd like to put threadlock on it to keep it that way. But I'd worry that it might come out anyway and Mazda will deny warranty coverage saying it was over/under-torqued, etc. Still I will definitely put a torque wrench on it when I put the CAI in, just to see if it's in line with this post:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2941640&postcount=33

Looks like it should be tightened to at least 69 ft/lbs.

Edit: on 2nd thought, maybe I'll get my oil changed before the CAI goes in and get the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think its time for this issue to be reported to the NHTSA, Before it gets worse, seem mazda is not addressing this issue

http://www.safercar.gov/defect/?gclid=CM6ogv_pjIoCFQv1YAodRRaPfg :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Think your vehicle – or any of its equipment – has a safety defect? If so, we want to hear from you.

Choose one of methods below to report a defect.

>> Online

The information you submit, either online or by phone to our Vehicle Safety Hotline staff, is automatically entered into our consumer-complaint database, and provided to our technical staff for evaluation.

Whether you report a defect online or with our Vehicle Safety Hotline staff, please allow approximately 7-8 minutes to file your complaint. Also, please have your Vehicle Identification Number (or “VIN”) available.

To report a defect online, click here.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
like I said...we need to get on Mazda on this as this could be potentially life threatening. Imagine going 100mph when that happens. 3 cars in a small portion of a forum....how many members on here own a MS3?
People jumped on me when I said before that this will not stop at 2. And I am sure all 3 cars that we know of were not manufactured on the same lunch hour.
I am now rethinking my order more than ever. Sorry. I really like this car but I won't compromise the safely of me or my family.
Mazda, it is time you seriously address this, not just for the sake of your customers, but the safety of others on the road.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Perhaps anyone who has had this happen can hail in with:

1) Build date (state purchased etc)
2) Approximate time/miles elapsed before incident
3) If it was checked by owner/dealer and or tightened

This could help a lot of other members should the same thing happen.

Thanks!
I've posted the issue on the mazda canada board as well and requested the moderators look into it for real.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Could you provide better info so that this thread can be useful?

When it broke what were you doing? Did you just downshift to speed up?
How fast were you going?
How many miles do you have?
Did you have your 1k free maintanence check?
Did you notice the engine running differently before this happened?
How hard do you drive it?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=68354.msg1180596#msg1180596 date=1170341042]

I've posted the issue on the mazda canada board as well and requested the moderators look into it for real.
[/quote]

You beat me to it... :)

This is not good news.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=68354.msg1180615#msg1180615 date=1170342063]
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=68354.msg1180596#msg1180596 date=1170341042]

[/quote]

You beat me to it... :)

This is not good news.
[/quote]

yeah, should I go through with the purchase, I won't drive it home until the dealer checks the bolt.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Until I hear from this guy again, I'm not taking this one too seriously. He comes on here and writes a post like a preschooler giving no info, and everyone is running around frantic like a chicken with it's head cut off. Maybe it did happen, but I'm too pissed off to even care.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=Betelgeuse link=topic=68354.msg1180693#msg1180693 date=1170345472]
Until I hear from this guy again, I'm not taking this one too seriously. He comes on here and writes a post like a preschooler giving no info, and everyone is running around frantic like a chicken with it's head cut off. Maybe it did happen, but I'm too pissed off to even care.
[/quote]

hes been to the track if that means anything. not that tracking the car should make it break.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts