Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread, but I thought I'd extend the idea into somewhere more general...

BTW, for all of y'all interested, another extremely informative source of info for road/autox/rallying info can be found over at www.Focaljet.com. While it's primarily based on the US-spec Ford Focus, there are not only a good number of Mazda3 guys there (as many Mazda3 owners are former Focus owners), but the Focus chassis and Mazda3 chassis share a great deal in suspension components/design, among other things. So, we Mazda guys may be able to get more/better ideas as to how to improve the MS3 as far as handling and road manners goes.
To add, there are a bunch of experienced and seasoned enthusiasts who actually race their vehicles, and give excellent feedback on what works and doesn't work as far as suspension goes.

Another benefit I could see is aftermarket part sharing of some sort. Someone mentioned to AMS in the other thread about camber adjustment for the front. The Focus community waited a LONG time for a solid, durable, effective front camber adjustment part to be released, and it finally did in the past year or two. It'll be different for the MS3 because it's getting much more attention than the Focus ever did from big name companies. BUT, if those big names could take a look at what's out there, and what's possible, they may get a good idea as to where to start, and what design to look into, in turn creating a viable option for the MS3.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EXCELLENT compilation of threads containing Vehicle Dynamics and Preparation info that, I think, many of you guys will find educational and interesting.

This is coming from Focaljet. Again, discussion's not based on the Mazda/Mazdaspeed 3 particularly, but there's a wealth of info that should carry over, because 1) vehicle dynamics are vehicle dynamics and 2) the two platforms share a good amount of similarities, as I mentioned.

Vehicle Dynamics and Preparation

EDIT: To set it in stone, KEEP IN MIND that while much info can be useful, watch what you're reading and look out for stuff that won't apply to the Mazda. Just don't want anyone getting confused...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts