Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know a few posts have been made regarding the MP3 player, but I haven't seen the info that I am looking for. What exactly IS the MP3 player. Is it simply a CD player in dash that plays MP3 CD's? Or is it a mini jack port? Can someone please either tell me what it involves, and how it works, and if possible, and worth showing, post a pic of it?!

thanks... :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
It's a single disc CD player which can read MP3 files.
That much is obvious -- what no one has yet been able to answer is whether or not it works in conjunction with the CD changer we are forced to buy along with the moonroof ...

·
Registered
272 Posts
what no one has yet been able to answer is whether or not it works in conjunction with the CD changer we are forced to buy along with the moonroof
I have answered this question before: no MP3, CD player and CD-changer can't be combined. You have to chose one of them.

If you want to swap the CD-changer for the MP3, you have to negociate with your dealer.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
anamnesis said:
Kazbaeden said:
It's a single disc CD player which can read MP3 files.
That much is obvious -- what no one has yet been able to answer is whether or not it works in conjunction with the CD changer we are forced to buy along with the moonroof ...
And it apparently wasn't obvious, since that's what the question was :p

But yeah, as bluong said:

Choice of 1:
1CD, MP3, 6CD, Nothing

plus

Choice of 1:
MD, Tape, Nothing

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah ... this is what I've been figuring. I should have said "what no dealer has been able to tell me yet" instead, they have no idea about anything.

Looks like I will probably be doing a considerable amount of negotiating because of Mazda's lousy North American options packages. No way I'm paying for two units and only having one ... :roll:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anamenesis... that sucks.... Move to Canada. We don't have to get a 6 disc changer with our Moon Roof... Just grab the GFX package that gets moonroof with no Changer. lol

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, they're all available as accessories.

Tape, MD, and MP3 are never part of packages. Not sure about the 6CD in the MZ3 (in the MZ6 its part of the Bose package)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I am also questioning if the MP3 player replaces the CD changer and no one has been able to prove this to me. If all of you are so sure that the MP3 player replaces the CD changer then answer me this:

1. Do you have a Mazda3 with an MP3 player? If you do, take pictures and posts them here for proof.

2. Have you been in a Mazda3 with an MP3 player? Take a picture of the dash and post it here.

3. Do you have a Mazda3 brochure with a picture that shows the MP3 player in the Dash? Scan the picture and post it here.

I am still waiting on my MP3 player which should be in this week, but if it replaces the CD changer I would like proof that it does before making the decision not to put it in. I think this is the reason this thread was started. No one has given proof that the MP3 player replaces the CD changer. So far all that has been given is hearsay and conjecture. PROVE IT.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't think the factory MP3 player is available yet. I am supposed to be getting the first one my dealer gets. I already paid for it too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The 6 disc changer is in the dash in the same place you would install the Mp3 player. They both cannot occupy the same space at the same time. The wiring conector can only be connected to one or the other. The RX-8 and the 6 use the same modular audio system that the 3 has (not the same exact components). This thread from the RX8 forum may be helpful: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7644&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
744 Posts
SP33D said:
The 6 disc changer is in the dash in the same place you would install the Mp3 player. They both cannot occupy the same space at the same time. The wiring conector can only be connected to one or the other. The RX-8 and the 6 use the same modular audio system that the 3 has (not the same exact components). This thread from the RX8 forum may be helpful: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7644&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
Still not convinced...

·
Registered
51 Posts
mnemonicj said:
Still not convinced...
Sounds like you're just pissed that you're gonna have to give up your changer b/c your dealer doesn't know jack about his product. Bloung knows his Mazda3 trivia, and based upon my research, I'd trust him. But I guess your proof will be in the pudding, as they say.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Actually, Mazda3Hatch is correct. You can have either one of the 6CD changer, MP3 player or the original stock CD unit. I just received my MP3 unit from the dealer. In there, there are some instructions about the installation of the units mentioned above. You can indeed have either one of them but not two or three at the same time. If you are still not convinced and make the purchase at the end, you are just wasting your hard earned money, dude.

·
Registered
744 Posts
gummcgay said:
Actually, Mazda3Hatch is correct. You can have either one of the 6CD changer, MP3 player or the original stock CD unit. I just received my MP3 unit from the dealer. In there, there are some instructions about the installation of the units mentioned above. You can indeed have either one of them but not two or three at the same time. If you are still not convinced and make the purchase at the end, you are just wasting your hard earned money, dude.
I already purchased it through the dealership with my car. I didn't pay out of pocket for it, I purchased it through my financing and the dealer is going to install it. I do not have to have the MP3 player insalled and my plan is to see the MP3 player when I drop my car off for the installation of my autodim rearview mirror. This way I can decide if I want the dealer to install the MP3 player too.

Now it just looks like the dealership is going to have to write me a refund check because I was given false information by my salesman even though I asked him about it on three seperate occasions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That sucks, mnemonicj. Make it clear to your dealer that you will not give them a perfect score on the customer satisfaction survey. Dealers want perfect 10 because anything else is counting as failure, that should give him more incentives to refund you.

By the way, anyone happens to know who makes CD decks, MP3 decks and changers for Mazda? Sorry if that's been answered

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have read in other posts that the MP3 player is a Pioneer.

I didn't think about not giving them a 10 on the satisfaction survey. That might be a good idea. I won't actually not give them a 10, I will just tell them that I am not going to and then they will do something else to make up for it. Muh ha ha ha ha ha...

·
Registered
185 Posts
For the original CD deck, there was a label saying FMS Audio, and the unit is made in Malaysia...... For the CD changer, I have no idea as I don't own one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but the current list of options for the 2006 models lists an in-dash MP3-CD-changer as well as the basic MP3-CD player.

I ordered the MP3 player when I bought my 3, to replace the stock CD player. I was told it'd be at least 3 weeks before it was in, maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow and check up on them. I haven't received the satisfaction survey yet, i'll keep it in mind when I talk to them about the MP3 player.

[edit] On a related note, if anyone here has bought the stock MP3 player and installed it themselves, and has the installation instructions, I would like to see them. I want to know what steps are involved. I'm under the impression that they'll be removing the CD-player to install the MP3-CD-Player, and I am going to be very firm with them that I want any parts they remove returned to me when I get the car back (ie. the CD Player and the stock faceplate). I just want to be sure that they have to remove the CD player to install the MP3 player, it would be handy to have a copy of the instructions to avoid the "oh, the MP3 is just an add-on to the stock system" BS that the dealer is likely to give me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts