Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I have a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L and noticed my engine coolant will climb while idling or at low speeds. I have never had the engine temp lamp kick on, but I've seen the coolant temperature hit 220F in Torque. I also live in an extremely hot area during summer (average day is about 105F with spouts up to 115F). Should there be cause for concern here when I see the coolant temp climbing from 180F while idling or at low speed? I'm not much of a car guy, and I don't really know what temperature my concern should be warranted. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
316 Posts
While idling with a fully warmed up engine, the cooling fan will cycle on and off. At what temps does the fan kick on, and back off again?

·
Registered
92 Posts
In addition to what m3iguy states above. Make sure fan clicks on when engine warms up as it should. you can use a scanner to monitor temperature and see when it clicks on and off. Guessing car has about a 195 F thermostat, so fan maybe comes on at 205 or 210 F, so 220 F maybe not unrealistic. Also, note gauge temp may not be super accurate, use scanner to monitor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts