Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a hypothetical question. If you buy a new 3 and run it hard from the start, not all the time, but every once in a while, just hammer it a little, will it really mess up the engine in the longrun? Not that I would ever do anything of the sort 8) .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i dont think so...if you run it hard every once ina while i would think that would be good for the engine so it'll get a taste of all the rpm ranges..btw i got that idea from mz6zoomzoom =D

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It doesn't really make a difference if it's just once in a while. At quality check for the engine at the factory, they do rev it up quite hard to test it anyway so no biggy.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I think that is was on this board that another member said that they saw that it is better for some cars when they where pushed almost to the limits every once in awhile during the brakin period.

·
Registered
947 Posts
While breaking in my 3, I didn't drive it hard, but I didn't drive extra slow either. I made sure that the engine was used up to about 4500 RPMs with firm pedal pressure, but no where near WOT. I took it to 6000RPMs once at about 300 miles on the odometer, but the situation warranted it. I am at 585, should be done breaking it in on the way home today. :bigsmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts