Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really Interested in picking up a mz3 in a few weeks or months, But im slightly worried about the few problems i've read about concerning brakes, fuel pump, ignition.... But I am pretty much set on getting this car regardless of these few problems.. I just would like to know if there is any preventative to the brake problem, Some people have noted that its possible that the brake pad is to close to the rotor, so its always wearing it down and or on slanted or whatever, has anyone had this checked out by any one other then mazda? Is it Possible to losen it up or set it straight before the problem starts? If anything I'de buy the car and get an upgraded brake kit, But as of right now nothing has come out yet.. Does anyone know if any are in making? How long is the usual length that the rotor and pad last? By the way this will be my first new car so thats why im over sensative to any small probelm. Thanks

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
#1 - Welcome!
#2 - Add location to profile
#3 - The dealer is unlikely to replace the rotors+pads unless they show excessive wear for a low mileage car. So use the car and go back to them wen it gets noticeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand they wont fix it if it aint broke, And they wont replace them if they arent faulty, But is there a way to prevent it from happening in the first place? It is happening because the pad is to tight? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
There's not much YOu can do - why would you even bother? The car's in warranty, it's their problem.

Seiously though, buy it, drive it, get them to replace it. IF the pad is too close to the rotor (very possible reason) and this is causing it, once they adjust/install a kit it will go away.

This is not a problem, rather an inconvenience until Mazda fixes it at the factory.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i agree with dinu, and a lot of us dont even have the problems with the airbag senor and fuel pump....and i believe mazda knows about those issues alredy...and again everything is under warranty so dont sweat it...and this is also my first time getting a first year car :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts