Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing this forum for a while (especially in the post your best picture of your 3) thread. Anyways, I've decided to get a mazda 3 hatchback by Q3 of 2009. I have a question about the angel eyes though. When you turn the low beam lights on, will the angel eyes turn on? And what about the normal low beam lights? Does installing angel eyes prevent the normal low beam lights from working? Sorry, I'm still new to the whole modification thing.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
its all how you wire them,

I have mine wired so they are on all the time. Or you can wire them to your parking lights so they are on then. I havent heard anyone wire them to the lights themselves though. And no they will not get in the way of anything high or low beam.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Are you sure there will be 09 hatches later in the year? The 2010's are hitting the lots now and are not angel eye compatible.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
True but my thinking is it may take a bit of time for the aftermarket to catch up. When they do, I look forward to expanding my angel eye installing skills :p

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=137650.msg2967810#msg2967810 date=1235875627]
True but my thinking is it may take a bit of time for the aftermarket to catch up. When they do, I look forward to expanding my angel eye installing skills :p
[/quote]

Good, 'cause girls like guys with skills. Drawing skills....... angel eye skills....... nun chuck skills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope by the time I buy a car, I will still be able to buy the 2009 mazda 3. If not, I don't mind buying a used one. Even 2008 model is fine with me. I really hate the look of the 2010 mazda 3. Everytime I look at it, it looks like its putting on a huge smile. I don't think I can get used to it.

By the way, does anyone know if installing HID lights on a mazda 3 is illegal or not in Vancouver Canada? Does the mazda 3 even have the auto adjusting thing that I've been reading about?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Technically, headlight modifications are illegal. That being said, i've never heard of anyone having troubles from the police. Some in Canada, use these in place of their DRLs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's another stupid question. is the low beam the one with the projector or is it the one beside the projector?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

and for the DRL, what part of the headlamp is on when DRL is on? I think I'm going to go to the local mazda dealership tomorrow to check out the mazda 3 :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts