Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my angel eyes installed at a shop by my house and I think the guy f**ked it up. the angel eyes keep falling out of place from were they are supposed to be. I was wondering what could help make it stick to were its supposed to be. The double sided tape is not working for me so any suggestions? Plz guys help me.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yup we used silicone as well....

Here we ran a bead of silicone then set the Halo into the bead and used zip ties to hold it till they were dry. We haven't had any problems with any of the sets we have done using this method. After the silicone is dry just cut the ties and reinstall...... Hope this helps. The double sided tape sux hard. We used it on the first set we did and it wouldn't hold them in either. Good Luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise guys so far :)

Where can i buy silicone for it.

Also the guy that installed the angel eyes drilled a hole for the wires to go through. though i didn't notice any problems with that unless, will I run into future problems. Damn it I should of installed it myself.

So what do u guys think?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You should be able to find clear silicone sealant at any pet or any hardware store. I made sure to route my wires through the same hole as the low beam that way the rubber boot sealed the light just like it was when it was new. When you drill a hole in the housing it isn't going to be moisture proof any longer. Hopefully the hole was sealed well enough to not allow for fogging. Yes you probably should have done it at least that way you would have been more careful than anyone else.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
if you're still worried about the halos falling off, i made a suggestion of using clear fishing line to reinforce it as well :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think im going to go with the silicone, but since im opening the housing again do u think the existing sealant will work?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Do you mean the sealant that is used to close up the light?? . I have never had to use any sealant. I just heated them back up in the oven and pressed them back together. You dont actually take any of the old sealant out so there should be plenty.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just read through, I put my angle eyes on last friday and today one fell off, im gonna get them back off and use some silicone this time

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=No Clue link=topic=71739.msg1263518#msg1263518 date=1173738090]
Do you mean the sealant that is used to close up the light?? . I have never had to use any sealant. I just heated them back up in the oven and pressed them back together. You dont actually take any of the old sealant out so there should be plenty.......
[/quote]

Yes, So the old sealant is good enough for how many times. Im going to use a heat gun cause im afraid of overbaking.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=nixon28 link=topic=71739.msg1264470#msg1264470 date=1173769703]
[quote author=No Clue link=topic=71739.msg1263518#msg1263518 date=1173738090]
[/quote]

Yes, So the old sealant is good enough for how many times. Im going to use a heat gun cause im afraid of overbaking.
[/quote]

dont be afraid d0000d believe me i was scared shitless at the oven part
and the heat gun will take forever one you understand how strong the oem seal is

15mins 200 degrees

1 - 13 of 13 Posts