Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been having a problem with my angel eyes. I know it takes about 10 seconds for them to shut off after the car is turned off, but every now and then, they just stay on. If I turn the car back on and then off again, they will turn off, but why are they doing this? It's a pain to have to stand there and make sure that they turn themselves off before I walk into wherever I'm going. Anyone else have this problem with their DDE's and if you did, how did you fix it?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
they turn off. Sometimes its more than 10 seconds, sometimes it takes near 30 seconds. Something has to happen in the engine, then the power goes off.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... sounds like i just need more patience. i was worried something was wrong with them.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
thats actually pretty tight. like more highend cars have their headlights on when you turn off the car, then a couple seconds later the headlights turn off.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=kspec link=topic=66993.msg1150414#msg1150414 date=1168877962]
thats actually pretty tight. like more highend cars have their headlights on when you turn off the car, then a couple seconds later the headlights turn off.
[/quote]

no, like they stay on for a really long time and it kinda looks gay. like the lights wouldnt turn off or as if you forgot to turn them off

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=66993.msg1150237#msg1150237 date=1168864437]
Lately I've been having a problem with my angel eyes. I know it takes about 10 seconds for them to shut off after the car is turned off, but every now and then, they just stay on. If I turn the car back on and then off again, they will turn off, but why are they doing this? It's a pain to have to stand there and make sure that they turn themselves off before I walk into wherever I'm going. Anyone else have this problem with their DDE's and if you did, how did you fix it?
[/quote]

Is it consistent? That happened to me but it was consistent, then I changed the location in the fuse box and it didn't happen since. I noticed it when I looked outside my window and was, "fuck, they're still on?!"

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=boardumb link=topic=66993.msg1155473#msg1155473 date=1169097863]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=66993.msg1150237#msg1150237 date=1168864437]
[/quote]

Is it consistent? That happened to me but it was consistent, then I changed the location in the fuse box and it didn't happen since. I noticed it when I looked outside my window and was, "fuck, they're still on?!"
[/quote]

for me personally, they are more sporadic than consistent, but whenever it does it i just pretend its not my car. it does look kinda dumb when it happens. ive parked my car, walked into a subway, got my food, walked out, and they have still been on before

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a test the other night when they stayed on for more than 10 seconds... i waited and it took them about 45 seconds for them to turn off but at least they did turn off.

trbab032886 maybe you can try relocating the fuse, maybe that's all it needs. i would give it a shot.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
if it really bothers you, put a toggle switch in. The car stays powered for a period after shut off, maybe to go thru diagnostics, or emission ralated or to mkonitor temps to turn the fans on/off.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=66993.msg1155758#msg1155758 date=1169132946]
I did a test the other night when they stayed on for more than 10 seconds... i waited and it took them about 45 seconds for them to turn off but at least they did turn off.

trbab032886 maybe you can try relocating the fuse, maybe that's all it needs. i would give it a shot.
[/quote]

to what? just a different slot?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
If you tap into the parking light wire they'll turn off instantly. I did my ind fog mod differently so they come on with the parking lights, so i did the same for the DDEs and use them as DRLs ;)

But if you have an aftermarket alarm and don't want the DDEs to flash when armed/disarmed, tap the alarm into the hazards, not the parking lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just installed my lights, they're b-e-a-utiful by the way, and sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds to turn off but i like it. i can't resist not to look at back at my car when walking away.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
sometimes it can take up to a few minutes...when ur engine turns off there is still the ignition line staying hot (powered) and it does so till the engine is ready to have all power turned off....i've gone into a store and 2 min later come out to see em turn off...its no big deal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts