Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres a question which actually is in regards to a 05 Corolla S. Since this car has Daytime Running Lights, how does the actual "Halo" effect on the angel eyes work? The way I think of it is that if your lights are always on, you can never use the "halo" effect of just the lit circles. Ok sooo I really don't have a freakin clue in hell how these things work. Since you can't turn off or down the lights, do you ever see the halo's? AHHH!!! HELP PLEASE.

Sorry for the fucked up attempt of trying to make sense of this lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you want the angel eye effect without an ugly lowbeam, first thing you need to do is disable your DRLs...

us Canadians who have DRLs and HID kits have used a relay sold by a forum sponsor thexenonstore.com (or you can wire up your own) to disable our DRLs while keeping the autolight feature and factory controls.

Once the DRLs are disabled you can just tap the Angel Eyes into the ignition wire to run those your DRLs.

R.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Anyone have good instructions on how to do this or do the instructions come with the kit?

I'm ok with doing the work myself as long as I have the correct instructions to realize all of the work.

I have DRL with Auto-lights and factory HID and I'd like to install the angel eyes on there.

Have no DRL low beam lights but have the angel eyes hooked to the fog lights so that If I turn the fogs off, the angel eyes go off too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
first thing you need is to find the relay on your fuse box ,then rewire the relay straight into the ignition under the steering wheel, for that you need an electrical diagram that you can get from Toyota. thats the way i did my fog lights on my mazda3.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
You will see the DDE's. I have 6000k HID's (DRL's) on my 3 and the DDE's with no noticeable loss of the "halo" effect as the DDE's are incredibly bright when they warm up. When my wife returns from Portland, OR I will take a pic and post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts