Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
thanks to Cullen at StreetUnit (not to mention that I live about 20-25 mins away from there place) I got my CP-E intke today. It took me about 1.5 hours to install, mostly because I tend to get distracted by dirty things on the car and start to clean them while im working on the install. For me, the hardest part was removing the air scoope thats in the fender, that pushes air into the stock air box. The rest was rather easy and stright foward. The only other thing that took a bit, was getting it all lined up right and tighting it all down in place.
CP-E did a great job on the part. Very well thought out, and it looks really good. The instructions are easy to read and understand, and it comes with everything you need to put it on.
As for sound and power, I have only put about 20 miles on it, so the copmuter is still learning yet (I had the negative un-pluged for the 1.5 hours, per the instructions), but it feels like theres more power on hand, did get a chance to open it up yet. As for the sound, you now can really tell that you have a turbo car. Theres a nice intake roar from off idle to 3k rpm, but then theres a very noticable whooosh from 3k on, and when you left off and hit the clutch, theres even a nice blow-off sound from the stock blow off. I should have time tommorw to put more miles on her, and get the ECU reading the new air flow right, but for now..Its way worth it.....now im awaiting the TMIC from them as well as the CP-E programmer and the Turbo XS race pipe...Spring time is going to be fun around here...

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
oh damn, I am not special anymore with my CPE intake. Sounds wicked awesome, and has a lot more power, too, eh?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of feels like it, but I really didnt get the chance to get on it to hard, and only drove her 20 miles since the install so I think the ECU is still trying to figure out whats going on since the reset...Your still speacial, I got a silver one, you still got the neat black one...LOLOLOLOL..by the way, I think myself, Cullen and a few others,where getting together tommrow night aroudn 7pm at Beef O Brandies In Deltona.....

How long do you think it took your ECU to learn what was what?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
It took about 100-200 miles. I still am heavier on the foot though, so that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool,
I like though. The sound is a bit of a nice surprise. I figd it would be louder, but man, people know your packing now....LOLOLOL

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
yeah, 2 of the local WRX tools wanted me to race em. In traffic. lame.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, theres plenty of WXR and Mustant and Z-28s to hunt around here. Im just going to keep a lid on it until im done with my mods. Then ill come put shooting...its all in good fun....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Kawwikid, did I meet you at winterpalooza?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
this intake definately owns. took me about 2 hours to install. makes the HKS flutter quite a bit more.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=raiderms3 link=topic=69037.msg1196215#msg1196215 date=1170989439]
Kawwikid, did I meet you at winterpalooza?
[/quote]

yup. I was in the Black MIca Speed 3, sat at the bench with you and your when you where eating lunch.....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Cool, I did not know your forum name. I know you will really enjoy the intake. Now you and I are in the same boat in waiting for the next group of stuff to come in!

·
Registered
355 Posts
congrats on the new part, i cant wait to get mine! Put up some pics / soundclip if you get a chance...just to make the rest of us jealous!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I want to see the Silver too. Black ones are in my thread for the CPE Pre Production unit install. I kind of want silver, actually.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts