Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that I, too, have had the misfortune of a bad clutch release bearing (or throwout bearing or what-have-you). I get the typical vibration, RPM dependent, through the clutch when it's about 90% depressed. I'll see if I can sweet-talk the dealer into fixing it. "Oh I just got this car a week ago, and some girl (sorry ladies) had it before me and didn't say anything about it but it's pretty bad. I think it might be the release bearing."

Should have stuck with my Volkswagen, at least they don't have problems! :shock: Well, except...

*sigh* I can't win. Either it's distributors and thermostats, or new clutches in a car with 22k miles on it. F-me.

Oh and while we're on the subject, I told the wife we may be spending a fair amount of money soon on our new car, and then the deal about the clutch. Then I said it is exacerbated by certain bad driving habits, like holding the clutch in at a light or in heavy traffic instead of leaving it in neutral. "Oh I always do that! I don't feel safe taking it out of gear; what if I have to move real fast?" "Well then why don't you go ahead and ride the brakes too, in case you have to stop real fast." (She knew I was being sarcastic - I think)

Nothing but slushboxes for her anymore if I've got any say in the matter, but she prefers them anyway so I guess that will work out.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If your car is still under 24k km or a year old or less. All your clutch component is still under warranty I believe. I had my throw-out bearing replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=zimmerDN link=topic=69060.msg1196729#msg1196729 date=1171027128]
If your car is still under 24k km or a year old or less. All your clutch component is still under warranty I believe. I had my throw-out bearing replaced under warranty.
[/quote]

22k miles > 24k km. Not sure about the age, though.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That is still very premature failure so the dealer might replace it if they aren't difficult to deal with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well like I said, we'll see how things go. The girl I bought the car from said she got it there because the dealer is a family friend of theirs, so if there are any issues she may be able to put some sway into the decision. I'll keep you guys posted.

How much do clutch jobs go for these days anyway?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they called and naturally, they couldn't reproduce the problem. I told them to go drive it again, and that the vibration comes when the pedal is about 90% depressed, dependent on engine RPM, and most noticeable when starting from a stop in 1st gear. They want me to come in and drive it with the tech, but I told them to go have another try first. Grr.

Also the clutch return is slow, and the two seem to coincide. Again, we'll see what they say.

ANGRY! :x :x :x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts