Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finished washing and waxing my car!

by the way.......for those asking about drying.......i found the "sheeting method" very effective......will post more details if anyone wants to know about it

hahaha......no idea y it took so long.....guess cuz i was trying to bid on eBay while putting soap......and then talking on the phone while waxing (which i must admit made the wax VERY uneven.....hahaha)

anywayz........will post pics in a few minutes

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
cool turtle congrats!! and can u post the details about the "sheeting method" =)....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol
anywayz.......here are the pics:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/urrheb/album?.dir=/5ace

about the sheeting method........this is straight out of the BMW Forum:

"I just remove the spray nozzel from the hose and let the water run out in more of a pouring out instead of gushing out kind of flow, and basically let the flowing water and gravity "sheet" off the standing water on the car starting from the roof down. Trying not to let the water splash as it flows onto the car. If the car has a decent wax job this should leave much smaller amounts of water wich u can easily take care of with a small towel."

·
Registered
314 Posts
:shock:

MAN!!!!!! That's what I call a NICE car! I'm jealous! Can't wait for the nice weather to do the same with mine. Great job!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So that's what your crotch.... errr.. Car looks like...

How much to come visit me for 4 hours (mines a hatch, a few more surface inches)....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh great........cuz i was talking on the phone while applying the wax.......i think i'm having to wash the car again tomorrow cuz i noticed a lot of spots

oh well........i guess another coating of wax will only help protect

hahaha......great eyes on the crotch shot......hahahahaahah.......i will have to remove that pic now tho.....hahaha....sorry to all turned on by it....hahahahahah

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah.....i will also try to install my Osram Silverstars on my lowbeams tomorrow and Philips Blue Visions on my highbeams......will try to post more pics

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
nice. now tell me that you took care of your tires too by shining them up. :D the whole car is shiny, and then you look at the tires and they are so dull!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah.....i did the rims......but.......i wasnt sure what to put on the tires to make it a nice shiny black.

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Turtlewax Tire Foam.

You don't really want the "slick" wet look, because the wind will whip it around and onto the car body over the next week - trust me.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
DJ Spencer said:
Turtlewax Tire Foam.

You don't really want the "slick" wet look, because the wind will whip it around and onto the car body over the next week - trust me.

I have been using a silicon spray for the tires, which my dad gets from a friend who details/sell used cars as a side job. Do people know what product I am talking about? The version I use is a blueish/purple color liquid, and actually smells pretty good. It makes the tires look very nice, and "dries" fairly quickly. The only negative is it is hard to get of painted surfaces.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I use black magic tire gel, as long as you don't apply it too thickly it doesn't sling off on to the body of the car. Even better, the next time you wash, a slight residue is left behind leaving the tires still shiny, but with no product to sling off.

I wanna find that turtlewax tire foam though and give that a try. that sounds interesting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
about the tires tho........i found before that all the tire cleaners i used.....they eventually fade to a reddish-brown color

anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
turtle said:
about the tires tho........i found before that all the tire cleaners i used.....they eventually fade to a reddish-brown color

anyone else have this experience?
Yes I have noticed that on some cars. I think it occurs because some people put these tire dressing products on the tires, but don't bother to actually scrub the tires themselves when they wash the car, leaving dirt on the tires, and covering it up with more tire dressing product. I think the combo of dirt and dressing, makes the tires look like a reddish brown color after a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts