Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I wire up my Sony explode amp to the factory head unit? My user manual for the amp. says I can hook it up using the RCA cables or Speaker wire . Can this work . I don;t want to remove the factory stereo but want to have an amp and sub . Any help would be useful . Thanks.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
You're in luck, your amp has both low level (RCA) and high level (speaker wire) inputs. You'll just have to locate the appropriate wire on the wiring harness that carries the speaker outputs from the factory HU.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
their name is Future Shit ???

Isn't that like calling yourself Radio Shack or Tandy?

·
Banned
106 Posts
lol, its called future shop, a chain of bigbox electronic stores in canada now owned by best buy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the high level ins as wdell - so, basically, plug rear speakers in (left and right), run the speakers out from the amp, and the sub wiring signal out to the sub. Yes?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
From what I gather, yes. You will have to cut the wiring harness, but as some else who added an amp in their 3 mentioned, make your cut/splice along that wire about 3" from the back of the HU.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
eipromb said:
lol, its called future shop, a chain of bigbox electronic stores in canada now owned by best buy.
"Best" isnt a word I would use to describe their installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts