Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im not sure if I jusst aint good at looking threads up but I went through the first 5 pages in this particular discussion area and couldnt find what i needed... so with a stock head unit what should my amp gain/frqz/ and boost be set on? some songs I hear nearly no bass others It get so loud I have to turn it down so far i cant even hear words... so a little help here?

Also When i turn off the car the amp takes about 2 minutes to turn off, but while it does that if I dont turn the remote bass down then it gets LOUD like a jet engine and constent... is there something I did wrong here?

Well thank you to all the responses, like I said I am sorry if theres already 100 threads on this, im just not good at searching.

Brice
Tomlinson :lol:

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
What did you use for the remote turn-on lead? Switch it to something else that turns off immediately when the car is turned off. For the noise, try a ground loop isolator and/or find a better ground location for your amp.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=134846.msg2954254#msg2954254 date=1235346415]
What did you use for the remote turn-on lead? Switch it to something else that turns off immediately when the car is turned off. For the noise, try a ground loop isolator and/or find a better ground location for your amp.
[/quote]

I don't think the noise he is referring too is that kind of noise (i.e. a ground loop / engine noise issue). The problem is that many car audio amps don't know what to do if their input signal is turned off entirely (different than just muting, a silent signal is still a signal). A lot of amps develop kind of a feedback loop if the headunit is turned off and the amp stays on. Not really much you can do about that, it is just a side effect from your real issue, which is why is your amp staying on so long.

First off, what kind of amp is it and where did you hook the remote wire?

ideally the remote wire would go to a a switched accessory circuit - most commonly either the headunit switched acc wire or the cig lighter plug.
I'm going to assume this is where it's connected currently sicne the amp does turn off with the car, just delayed.

Do you have anything else hooked to this circuit? Sometimes another device on the same line might hold enough charge to keep the amp turned on for a short while.

It also might just be an issue with the amp. We had a problem with the very first MTX class D amps not turning off. MTX sent us word to wire up a relay that would send 12v to the remote input when you turned the car on, and then a ground signal to the remote input when the car was turned off, instantly turning off the amp. It worked great and may be what you need to do.

If you want to try it I'll tell you what to get and how to hook it up (very easy to do).

One way to test it is to turn off your car, disconnect the remote wire on the amp and quickly jumper the remote terminal to the ground terminal and see if the amp shuts off right away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I didnt hook up the Remote turn on I paid a place to wire my stock head unit with outputs for the rcas and run the remoteturnon wire... then I hooked up the positive and negative (i put this in a questionable spot, gimme links to a pic good negative spots in the mazda 3 trunk?) and hooked it all into the system so Im not sure where it is all tied in but Ill look tomorrow take some pictures... thanks for the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts