Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Read Only
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my amp lately. It seems that it sometimes doesn't like to work when it's feeling lazy. It seems like I have good days and bad - sometimes the amp will kick and sometimes no. The power is on, the sub is working, but the amp isn't feeding the sub. I get sound from the sub but the amp isn't kicking to it. I checked all my connections and everything is solid. I'm running an LOC off the stock head to an Alpine V12 amp on a JBL 10' sub. Some days are good, others not so. Anything I can check? I'm at a loss ...

· Read Only
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=64722.msg1109737#msg1109737 date=1166248291]
you check your LOC? battery's good? remote turn on is good? speaker leads are good in the box?

how big is the amp? maybe drawing too much power?

Is your ground to bare metal? or just painted metal?
[/quote]

LOC is brandy new as of a week ago. Remote is good cuz the amp powers up but it just doesn't kick to the sub. Speaker leads were checked - speaker gets sound but no 'power' to it.

Amp is @ 4 Ohms: 30W x 4 @ 12V

Ground is to bare metal inside the trunk jack well

· Registered
612 Posts
have your amp's power supply checked. This sounds somewhat similar to the troubles i'm having. Is this a one day it works, one it doesnt; or is it more like it works sometimes and dosn't work others with no real pattern - sometimes it works 15 minutes fails for 25 seconds, sometimes it works 15 seconds, fails 5, works 3, fails 20, works 10 minutes, fails for 3 minutes?

If its the later, power supply is a good bet. If its the first, i really don't know what would cause it to fail like that.

· Read Only
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems like it a random thing - no real pattern that I've figured out. I'll give it a few days and see what happens. I ran through all my connections this morning. Checked all the wires again - pulled out the HU and checked the LOC, checked power, remote etc. Hopefully it'll keep rocking for now. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
612 Posts
sounds exactly like my problem- my power supply fried and i have no idea why either. You'll likely have to find a shop willing to work on it, and explicitly tell them to check all the components inside the amp to see if a faulty voltage regulator is causing damage, or whether it is something external.

· Registered
4,503 Posts
[quote author=azeis link=topic=64722.msg1109740#msg1109740 date=1166248710]
[quote author=gar187er link=topic=64722.msg1109737#msg1109737 date=1166248291]
you check your LOC? battery's good? remote turn on is good? speaker leads are good in the box?

how big is the amp? maybe drawing too much power?

Is your ground to bare metal? or just painted metal?
[/quote]

LOC is brandy new as of a week ago. Remote is good cuz the amp powers up but it just doesn't kick to the sub. Speaker leads were checked - speaker gets sound but no 'power' to it.

Amp is @ 4 Ohms: 30W x 4 @ 12V

Ground is to bare metal inside the trunk jack well
[/quote]

oops double post

· Registered
4,503 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=64722.msg1110427#msg1110427 date=1166371271]
just buy a new amp. You can get a good amp for less then $200
[/quote]

werd. i just got a new amp yesterday. pioneer. :bananadance:

· Read Only
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its still being fishy .. I checked the amp power and the light is on and there doesn't seem to be any other problems. Dont feel like going through the trouble of getting a new amp .. I just keep my fingers crossed everytime I get in the car ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.